human intrusion vs. access

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bbrilmyer

human intrusion vs. access

Unread postby bbrilmyer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Ok so I will do the cliff notes version of this one. I'll spare you the details.

Here is the situation:

You have the opportunity to improve your own access to your suburban hunting property but the person granting you the access will want to mountain bike and hike through the property on occasion. Seems fair enough.

Do you to for the improved entry route and deer less entry and grant him the occasional non-hunting trespass or continue to limit all human intrusion and possibly miss out on some of the better stand placements on the property?

What's the lesser of the two evils?

Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Bucky

Re: human intrusion vs. access

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Allow intrusion for access. Just ask that walks are limited Sept-Nov

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:46 pm

I think it would depend on who that person is. Do you truly think they will be back there hiking and mountain biking all the time or do you think they will more likely go for a walk through there once or twice and be satisfied. Plus its an urban area, how do you know the local kids dont already play around back there. If i were in the situation u described i would take the trade-off you described and let them back there even though its a gamble. I would just make sure to mention that the agreement can be terminated by either side at any time

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Human intrusion and human threat are different..... but no intrusion and some are too :mrgreen:
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
bbrilmyer

Unread postby bbrilmyer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Good stuff guys. He would be pretty regular I'm sure. He sure loves his bike ( which is a huge improvement from the souped up racing ATV he used to ride through there). I'd also imagine we could come to an agreement about which trails to use and which to stay away from.

Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Let him ride his Mountain Bike........then you enter with one and hunt.
See how that works.......my buddy does that on his place and still knocks down some nice bucks. He believes the deer get use to it cause its not a threat all year

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”