Where to hunt?

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

GRFox
500 Club

Where to hunt?

Unread postby GRFox » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:37 am

If I could just figure out where to sit on this property...I could kill my first P&Y this year. I missed the biggest buck of my life in here last year and saw another giant, 20 minutes later chasing a doe. The biggest rubs Ive ever found have been on this property and the sickest rub Ive ever seen is marked on the map. The key is self explanatory, The shed I found this year was from a 120ish buck that will be a dandy this year. This is by far my best spot. If you need different or more shots let me know. I can only hunt in the red lines...so my question to the masters.....where would you sit?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Where to hunt?

Unread postby dan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 am

Right above your red dot at the top of the hill you have a great ridge runing up and down the map... Along that edge you will find bedding and during the rut that is going to be a great place to catch cruising bucks. Setting up on the top just where the steep drop starts you will find a trail staying even with that elevation. Thats where most the bucks will cruise by.At the very top of your red box slightly to the left is another top with a steep drop. Bet theres a nice buck bedding there.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:04 am

Thank you Dan! it is a privilege to have you give me advice on this property.

I'm not sure why you cant see it on the map, but. if you look directly at the blue dot and go to the left. that steep slope there has a drainage going up to the top 3rd. From what I have learned from you, that is a perfect funnel and I could potentially get in a tee with in 20 yards at the top of the drainage and the deer should skirt the edge. Again I don't know why you cant see it on the topo, but I have seen does walk that edge after the season but Ive never hunted up there.

Directly to the right of the "750" elevation marker is where it is If i hunted that spot, should my prevailing wind be coming from the east or west. I may be a little confused on the thermal tunnel.

Thank so much,
Gary
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:10 am

Directly to the right of the "750" elevation marker is where it is If i hunted that spot, should my prevailing wind be coming from the east or west. I may be a little confused on the thermal tunnel.

West, or N.West...

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”