Buying Land

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DropTyne
500 Club

Re: Buying Land

Unread postby DropTyne » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 pm

I have the 20%, so the financing portion of it is handled, just need to find the right piece.

DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: Buying Land

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Some people may think I'm off my rocker, but don't totally rule out a piece of land that is nothing but field if the price is right. If the location is otherwise prime and you can have $5k-$7k left to immeadiatly put into the land (much less if you don't mind adding a couple years onto the time frame) you can definately have super hunting within fives years and it's very possible within two years given the right circumstances. Depending on the ground it might not take much money at all either. Your not likely to get high quality soil for a good price because that would be farm land (unless it's to soft and mucky during planting and harvesting seasons, which is usually the best land to get), but as long as the soil isn't to bad it would not be a problem. Plus you would have the benifit of designing your property so it is laid out perfectly. Something that very few properties have. Personally, I would rather start out with a blank slate like that because I think I could lay out a property better than anything I'm likely to ever find (without being wealthy). Of course I'm a bit of nut case when it comes to habitat improvement. LOL

Most people would be surprised how fast you can turn an open field into some great, permanent and complete habitat. Although it does require time, money and hard work, the more time you have the less money you need. Also, the rewards of building your property are both huge and addicting IMHO.

Just something to keep in mind in case the perfect location comes up for sale like next to a large area of no hunting such as a park or wildlife sanctuary.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”