Looking for Comments, Suggestions on this property

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Camo Cowboy

Looking for Comments, Suggestions on this property

Unread postby Camo Cowboy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 am

The property within the red border is private property that I have permission to hunt. Everything within the yellow border is public land. There is a road that is the border between the 2 areas. If you walk the road you can see a lot of trails into/out of the private property. There are also a lot of trails on the southern edge of the woods of the private property. Are the deer more likely to bed in the marsh in the public land and travel through our woods to get to the ag fields? Do you think with the pressure on the public land that they would be more likely to find a place to bed on our property? Or would they just go deeper into the marsh? I have seen a few nice buck on this property in the past but usually only during the rut. I also have trail cam pictures of a few nice ones at night. And there is always a nice scrape on that southern edge also. Just looking for any thoughts you all might have. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I will try to give you as much info as I can. Thanks in advance.

[imgImage[/img]

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Looking for Comments, Suggestions on this property

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 am

Welcome to the BEAST Camo Cowboy!

I would expect mature bucks to choose the marsh to bed in most of the time... I suspect there are some areas in the marsh that don't get harassed much. Hard to tell for sure without being able to zoom in or change picture dates... The S.E. portion of the marsh appears to be a good looking area. Looks to be bedding brush... If its mixed with cattails and/or wet it should for sure hold some big bucks in that corner... However, there don't appear to be much for trees down there. Might need to do some ground hunting.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”