Please help with Map

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

Please help with Map

Unread postby Brad » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:44 am

Here is where i have been hunting, this is a pretty good sized piece of land with tons of Ag fields around it as well. I am the only one that bow hunts it so I can rotate stands pretty easy. There are good bucks here but I keep bumping deer trying to access these spots, I know my access routes need work so I was hoping to pick your guys brains and see where you would hunt and how you would access it.

And the marsh across the road which is mostly creek bottom, no hills at all that I can hunt except the island in the middle of the fields. It loads up with deer once rifle season opens, almost every year a buck gets killed off drives off that hill.

I have been hunting known hot spots and seen one shooter ( I missed) and passed up a small one already. Not all of the ground shown I can hunt, but most of it I can, so I posted the whole thing because theres weird lines.

dreaming bucks

Re: Please help with Map

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:15 am

Brad...... I don't have time now to try to mark up your map, but on the first one with hill country, I would think if you find those points that jet off the ridges, you could expect to find good buck bedding on the leeward side of those..... Maybe someone else can help you out more, I'm a bit of a rookie at this also... ;)
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:26 am

Topo looks great.... are there access trails established? Can you draw them in for me... how often do you hunt this farm(s)? Can you write what crops are where... Circle which farm house you can access from or both... :D
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:36 am

<- jealous

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”