new area

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ozarkshunter

new area

Unread postby ozarkshunter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:46 am

Hey guys just looking for a little advice.this is a new area i recieved permission on in late dec,i have been turk hunting it for the last 15 years but never could deer hunt until now. anyway over the years i have seen several nice bucks,I walked the north area a couple times and found a doe bedding area 3-4 beds in the snow,and another single bed north of powerline. I hunted the stand #1 twice and did see a nice shooter to east in jan.
I am heading back up in a couple weeks and marked some potential bedding areas do you guys agree?Also the doe bed,i found it in late jan.( when does are bedded up) but there are some nice rubs on the edge of it,is that something bucks leave in prerut or do they bed in same beds at times?
(the blue X are potential stand sites,orange X are possible beds)

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: new area

Unread postby dan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:57 am

I am surprised you don't have any stand sites marked near the bottom of the map along the elevation line where you have several bedding areas marked... And, looks like there could be a good bedding area if you follow the creek East from those beds to just before it leaves the property where the elevation lines are stacked...

but there are some nice rubs on the edge of it,is that something bucks leave in prerut or do they bed in same beds at times?

Are the rubs along a trail? Or are they right in the beds? If they are in the beds, likely bucks are bedding there... If the rubs are in a line around the edges, likely they are cruising the does that bed there in the late mornings of early November...
ozarkshunter

Re: new area

Unread postby ozarkshunter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:56 am

I didnt mark any stand sights yet,I have only walked the north side so far.Im heading back this weekend to scout south side.i was marking what looked like potential bed areas,thanks dan for spotting the ridge to east.also last fall I saw a slob early one morning heading south from powerline up draw.
The bed area had 2 rubs in it,there is a trail to the north of it.there was several beds in late jan when there is no cover around.so it could be a buck bed in fall. thanks again!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”