new property need help thanks

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

straubam

new property need help thanks

Unread postby straubam » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:02 pm

got a new 40 acre property and i am needing some help on where to put and how to hunt this property. The red square is the property i am able to hunt. Light blue is a steep banked stream. Light green is bean fields. Orange is crp set aside field that is about chest high. Light blue dots are beds i seen while walking the perimeter a couple weeks ago. Everything to the northeast within the blue is public land where no hunting is allowed. I have added the colored photo along with one that is not colored. i have also added a topo (i am horrible at finding shelfs and pinch points) and then one where is outlines the property i can hunt access is limited to the southwest corner. thank you guys very much i really appreciate it

Bucky

Re: new property need help thanks

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:22 pm

If you can get to it... The North corner of the woods between both crp fields.... So you can watch out into the crp. The other thing I would do is try to find any oaks that have acorns. Beans will probably be done by season. The last most aggressive would be to walk in the creek on the edge of your blue line and look for a good crossing where they cross that ditch or a good oak on the edge. With a Northly or Westerly wind you could slide back in there undetected and the climb up out of the ditch and hunt a crossing/acorns.

I like to start where I can see and then get more aggressive if I see something I can move on

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
straubam

Re: new property need help thanks

Unread postby straubam » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:34 pm

yeah i am pretty handcuffed by only being able to access the land from the south west if only i could find a different way to get in there

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”