Please help me learn!!!

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

evangorp
Facebook: evangorp66@hotmail.com

Please help me learn!!!

Unread postby evangorp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:22 am

I have read many forums and watched the movies. Here is the first piece of ground I have picked out it is 160 acres and the elevation varies from 960 to 840. The topo lines on the map are 10' increments and the ground I can hunt is within the box. I hope to see what you guys suggest so I can go out and look first hand exactly how everything fits together. Thank you!!!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Please help me learn!!!

Unread postby dan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 am

The elevation looks pretty gradual. I think there will be some bedding based on elevation, but not as much as steeper ground. To be honest, I think this ground needs to get walked to really put it together... I would expect some good stuff along that river bottom, and I would suspect beds along the edges of fields watching the fields for approaching danger while smelling the woods behind...
evangorp
Facebook: evangorp66@hotmail.com

Unread postby evangorp » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:05 pm

I will have to puy my boots on the ground and try to figure it out. I will probabaly start down by the creek and see what I can find, I do know that they bed up in the oak trees on top of the ridge on the south side, problem is it is private, but I think at night they come down the bluff and slowly move north to cross the creek and go to the corn and beans. With vegetation being pretty thick right now, is it still fairly easy to determine beds and travel routes?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 pm

With vegetation being pretty thick right now, is it still fairly easy to determine beds and travel routes?

Travel roughts are easy, but beds can be tougher to find right now.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”