Another Parcel of land id like for you to look at please

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

backstraps

Another Parcel of land id like for you to look at please

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:56 pm

I edited the black spots due to being a hunting buddys favorite spot to hunt. I am familiar somewhat with this land. I would like to see what a parcel like this would spell out for bedding areas, and stand sites
I have permission to hunt everything inside this topo cut out. The pink areas are mostly heavily grown up native grasses and crp fields.
The prevailing wind is from the West here. Again I am trying to put some pieces together from the notes I have taken from the Hill Country, Marsh, and Farm DVD's
Im have another topo I would like to post in a couple days....I am going to dot it with my thoughts, and see how far off I am on my thinking so far :)

THANKS for all your suggestions on this land

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Another Parcel of land id like for you to look at please

Unread postby dan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:39 am

Potential beds
Based on elevation:
Red: West wind
Blue: North wind
Yellow: East wind
Green: South wind
The best spots will have most common winds covered with just a short move.

Pink: Marked a couple draw tips I would check out.

backstraps

Re: Another Parcel of land id like for you to look at please

Unread postby backstraps » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:27 am

Dan thanks so much for your time spent on the map and your help.

You mentioned the best spots would be where I could cover the most winds with a short move...so for instance you are talking where you have three colored dots.

MAN, Im not just trying to blow smoke here, but the area where you have the three different colored dots just below the horizontal bold black line...yellow green red. One of my buddys shot a 10 point there last year. He only hunted that point twice. Seen a nicer one first evening-no shot, wind was good the next day, so he went back the next evening and shot the 10

Gosh this map reading stuff freaking amazes the crap out of me!!!

By the way... I dotted the same map up and lets say if yall seen it I would have the red cheeks :oops: ...LOL

When you dotted this map up, I can actually bring to life what you are saying in the Hill Country DVD.
Back to watch it again :)

Thanks again!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”