New Spot - Thoughts?

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Z7WIBoy

New Spot - Thoughts?

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:12 am

Team Beast
I was taking my son fishing and saw that our WI DNR expanded this piece of property. If anybody could provide thoughts as to where I should start with stand on my back that would be greatly appreciated:
Big View
lake and swap view:

Thanks - greatly appreciated

Platinum PETA Member
(People Eating Tasty Animals)
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: New Spot - Thoughts?

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:33 am

You should post a topo also.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 am

Here are the spots that scream out "buck bed here"

Here is the line that I would scout with the stand on my back.... My line wanders into the swamp a little, but you would want to walk in the timber and expect to have bucks bedded in the marsh/swamp along the transition.

Z7WIBoy

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks guys and slayer this is flat prairie country very little elevation

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Platinum PETA Member
Z7WIBoy

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:34 pm

I have one more question and it really comes down to stand on your back hunting:
Say you are walking into this new spot with stand on your back ready to hunt. In your process of walking the transition line you bump a really good buck:
Do you call it a wash and scout the rest of the property to gain knowledge - not worrying about hunting or do you stick to the plan and stay the course of scouting the transition lines and hunt on good sign.
Just trying to gain thoughts and ideas of scouting new spots ready to hunt
Platinum PETA Member
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Z7WIBoy wrote:I have one more question and it really comes down to stand on your back hunting:
Say you are walking into this new spot with stand on your back ready to hunt. In your process of walking the transition line you bump a really good buck:
Do you call it a wash and scout the rest of the property to gain knowledge - not worrying about hunting or do you stick to the plan and stay the course of scouting the transition lines and hunt on good sign.

If I kicked a good buck, I would definatly be thinking about a future hunt in that spot... However, I would continue with the plan, and look for another spot to hunt that day.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:48 pm

dan wrote:
Z7WIBoy wrote:I have one more question and it really comes down to stand on your back hunting:

If I kicked a good buck, I would definatly be thinking about a future hunt in that spot... However, I would continue with the plan, and look for another spot to hunt that day.

The buck that would have gotten bumped... to hunt him on a future day, how would you go about that?
Do you look at your maps and see where you bumped him, decide by that days wind where he may have been bedded? Or would you try and decide which wond would be best to hunt him where you bumped him?

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”