Apple tree question

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Apple tree question

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri May 18, 2012 9:00 am

I was told if we have a hard frost while apple tree's have their blossom's on yet, the tree will probably not produce much for apple's that year..... Is this true ? I have two apple tree's in the back yard that produce a mother load of apples every year, but this year I know we had a pretty good frost a couple nights, so I'm curious to see what they do this year....

Black Squirrel
500 Club

Re: Apple tree question

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri May 18, 2012 9:04 am

If the flower buds were forming and you got a hard frost for a couple hours, it may have killed the buds, thus no flowers or no apples. Watch it while it is flowering, if you got lots of flowers you should be okay. Keep an eye on it.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri May 18, 2012 9:08 am

ok, I will......

I swear these two tree's probably produce over 300 apple's easy between the two of them, maybe more, I don't know but it's a lot...... During the fall when they are dropping, I gather them up while I'm mowing the lawn, and put them up by the trunk of the tree.... We have about 4 or 5 doe that come through our back yard everynight. Before the winter is over, they eat everyone of those apples....
oneflag

Unread postby oneflag » Sat May 19, 2012 5:31 am

Yes; frost can damage buds and blooms. No apples for me this year. The early spring and then a late frost burned all the blooms. We covered our small peach tree and it helped. I might have 10 peaches!!!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”