Food Plot Equipment

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jshawk13

Food Plot Equipment

Unread postby jshawk13 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:16 am

This is my first go around at establishing food plots so I 'm attempting to gather as much information as possible. We purchased our property last year and have anywere between 10-15 acres that we would like to plant for this upcoming year. When we purcahsed the property we also got a 1978 55 hp massey with a three point hitch and brush hog. We also have a 4 wheeler. My question is what other equipment do I need? Should I look at spending more money upfront to get a rotary tiller or go with a disc/plow combo. Were looking at getting a 3-4 row planter and buying a sprayer with boom attachement for the atv along with a dry fertlizer spreader for the atv. We have one area(approx 5-7 acres) that we would like to put in corn or beans. The other areas would be various clovers/brassicas. After typing and reading this I would welcome any ideas as this sounds like it may be an expensive venture.....but hopefully well worth it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Bucky

Re: Food Plot Equipment

Unread postby Bucky » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:24 am

You gonna need a spreader (cheap), spray attachment for 4 wheeler (cheap), I would spring for the tiller if you can afford (not cheap). A planter is probably necessary for beans/corn... although I think you can be successful broadcasting beans.

www.outreachoutdoors.com

I have no affiliation, but this website has more food plotting info in one area than anywhere else on the web... it is full of awesome land management tools too

I used it last year to do my 1st two acre plot on my own with a 4 wheeler, sprayer, and mower... I had a couple TONs of forage and everything went as planned
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”