My SW WI Whitetail Habitat Client and Scouting Trip Pics

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jeff Sturgis

My SW WI Whitetail Habitat Client and Scouting Trip Pics

Unread postby jeff Sturgis » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 am

This past weekend was going to be a weekend "off"...but does anyone feel sorry for me thinking I may need a weekend off from hitting the woods? If so, I haven't found them:) So, when I got the opportunity to schedule a client at the last minute near my SW WI lease I jumped at it! What better way then to spend an "off weekend" then by visiting a new client, as well as getting into the woods on my lease for a little shed hunting, picture taking...and to shoot some video footage? My fiancee even came along...got to hang with my local friends, and all in all...a great long weekend in the woods!

My client's parcel was an incredible mix of steep and broken long draws, ag land, and great deer timber...great "deer timber" meaning low quality tree species that can be immediately CUT DOWN for various enhancement goals. While on the client property I got to see one of the best shooting houses to date...and surprisingly for the size it was pretty well concealed!

There were also some great mature buck rubs on the parcel and although you can't see it too well...what I liked about this rub were the little ticks and scratches high above and behind the main face of the rub, which indicates a mature buck with a large frame...maybe even some main beam "trash" in the form of stickers and kickers...

At the same time there were some very cool examples of a buck bed in the most remote area of the parcel. Great elevation. A small level bedding platform, a great stem count of young hardwood regeneration, and good horizontal cover in the form of stumps and logs made for an outstanding natural bedding area...

And finally I was on my own property, and took some pictures for an upcoming article. This is an incredible bedding area and the pics give the best description...

And of course...he is still around and posing on V-Day. What a great weekend! Stay tuned for more after my KS client trip this weekend...

By Jeff Sturgis, http://www.whitetailhabitatsolutions.com

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Image My NEW BOOK can be purchased at http://www.whitetailhabitatsolutions.com/?page_id=343...Please check it out and I hope that you enjoy my website too!
BigHunt

Re: My SW WI Whitetail Habitat Client and Scouting Trip Pics

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:35 pm

cool 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
ompaathao

Unread postby ompaathao » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:41 pm

:) NICE

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Good stuff.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:06 am

:dance:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”