Good Bye BioMaxx

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Treejunkie

Good Bye BioMaxx

Unread postby Treejunkie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:17 am

I was to get a couple of bags of BioMaxx from Biologic this spring as 2 of the ones I purchased last year were not the best. The corn didnt come up, only the beans. Spoke to Todd at Biologic, who was very helpful and went above and beyond to keep a satisified customer, and he told me that BioMaxx has been discontinued. Appearantly, Monsanto who owns the rights to Roundup Ready seed, has once again increased their price. :roll: This doesnt make it feasible for Biologic to continue making this product. :x

Kudos to Todd though at Biologic. Always nice to see a company who truly is concerned about keeping customers, helping & doing the right thing!!!!!! 8-)

Indianahunter
500 Club

Re: Good Bye BioMaxx

Unread postby Indianahunter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Keep hope. Monsanto's patent for Round-Up has run out and farmers in this area are ditching them like the plague for cheaper alternatives. It will be a little while yet before round up ready crops patent will expire, but it will and then you will see lower prices and a competitive market place. Monsanto is a greedy giant and have done more to destroy American agriculture then any other company I know of.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
AC Rider
500 Club

Unread postby AC Rider » Thu May 06, 2010 7:55 am

I was wondering why I couldn't find Biomaxx. I had to buy another brand that offered other kinds of grains.
Sagittarius

Unread postby Sagittarius » Fri May 07, 2010 7:22 am

I signed Monsantos stewardship agreement a few years ago, this year they wanted a new signature. I buy what ever varieties of RR corn or RR soybean I want. Been planting RR corn and soybeans for the last 5 years ... as seperate plots for best yield.

A unit bag of RR soybeans will cost about $35, and plant .75 to 1 acre. A 6 unit bag of type S inoculant ... enough for about 300 lbs of soybeans ... cost $4.50. Generic 41% Glyphosate is down to between $30 - $40 for a 2.5 gallon jug. At 1 qt/acre ... a acre of soybeans can be made weed and grass free for $4.00. Thank you Monsanto! ;)
"The real problem is not how we shall handle the deer in this emergency. The real problem is one of human managment. Wild life managment is comparatively easy; human management difficult." Aldo Leopold, March 1943

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”