Any full time Land Managers here?

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Grunt

Any full time Land Managers here?

Unread postby Grunt » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Just wondering if anyone here is a professional land manager. I've had this wild idea of starting my own side business that caters to land owners that want to improve their habitat for years and would love to hear from those who are doing it. What education is beneficial, equipment, etc.

thanks
Grunt

Bucky

Re: Any full time Land Managers here?

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:03 pm

I wish! Should be a fun business, but like farming weather plays an important role...

I have a buddy that does it full time. Good equipment is a must
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
jeff Sturgis

Re: Any full time Land Managers here?ns

Unread postby jeff Sturgis » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:31 am

( am a professional habitat and hunting consultant. Experience is the best education...designing habitat on your own land in several locations along with lands of others, huntiing both public and private lands unguided in several states and several different habitats, and being successful on those lands shooting mature bucks while shaping a quality herd for many years is the type of education you need....and that includes experience with doe management. Make sense? Its actually something in my opinion and experience I could not have gone to school for, but instead had to spend 20 years doing it on my own first. I am not sure I could even teach someone else how to do it although my 9 year old son has followed my footsteps on public land, private...and the land of others for a few years now and we will see:)

What do you think?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Image My NEW BOOK can be purchased at http://www.whitetailhabitatsolutions.com/?page_id=343...Please check it out and I hope that you enjoy my website too!
Tadmdad
500 Club

Re: Any full time Land Managers here?ns

Unread postby Tadmdad » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:31 pm

jeff Sturgis wrote:( am a professional habitat and hunting consultant. Experience is the best education...designing habitat on your own land in several locations along with lands of others, huntiing both public and private lands unguided in several states and several different habitats, and being successful on those lands shooting mature bucks while shaping a quality herd for many years is the type of education you need....and that includes experience with doe management. Make sense? Its actually something in my opinion and experience I could not have gone to school for, but instead had to spend 20 years doing it on my own first. I am not sure I could even teach someone else how to do it although my 9 year old son has followed my footsteps on public land, private...and the land of others for a few years now and we will see:)

What do you think?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Absolutely makes sense Jeff. Like anything else in life the school of hardknocks becomes one of the best teachers. After running a small business for years, I think back to some of the professors I had in college and their business theories, don't think a one of those professors would have lasted a year in business without going bankrupt. Lessons learned hands on aren't taught in a book or school. But if you have a passion for what your doing, and invest the time into expanding your knowledge, you will become successful.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”