scouted public

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

scouted public

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:26 am

went out htis afternoon and found two perty good bedding areas rubs right in the bed...in the one it was real freash like it just stared using it agin but nothing knew this year in the bed from the video but there was alot of hair so i think a deer is still using it.....but now that ive got my scent in there it probly wont bed there for a wile...im thinking about saving this one for next season ......ill scout it agin in the spring to comferm...there was three trails comin into this bedd with some big tracks coming out of it ...its right next to the road ..id say about 60 yards is all ....right in this thick cattail area with a small swamp like pond front the deer.. the parkin lot is front of him slao and hes smelling anything comin from the road...nothing can get to him from the parking lot with out him seeing it....

Image this is the bedding area in the cattails Image

[bbvideo=425,350]http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/twlonewolf/?action=view&current=M2U00078.mp4[/bbvideo]

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
LiL Huntress

Re: scouted public

Unread postby LiL Huntress » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 am

so this is what you did on your day off :evil: and you didnt ask me to go with :cry:
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:46 am

LiL Huntress wrote:so this is what you did on your day off :evil: and you didnt ask me to go with :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:27 am

:D
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:14 am

i take it no one like my scouting trip :? :? :? :cry:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:29 pm

LiL Huntress wrote:so this is what you did on your day off :evil: and you didnt ask me to go with :cry:

Sounds like you got yourself in the doghouse BigHunt!! Better invite her along next time. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Dewey wrote:

Sounds like you got yourself in the doghouse BigHunt!! Better invite her along next time. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Nope the tree stand dew :mrgreen: ....shes always welcome i had off work and she had to work :lol: ha
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:55 pm

cool scout, BigHunt- I get a kick out of those bucks bedded within sight of roads, parking lots, etc. 8-)
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:cool scout, BigHunt- I get a kick out of those bucks bedded within sight of roads, parking lots, etc. 8-)

thanks SB
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:09 pm

I will hunt it for you and tell you how good the spot is. Just tell me when and point out the direction of this land.

Get out and hunt it this year, don't wait until next year. If it is a good spot a deer will be back into bedding in a short time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Beauford wrote:I will hunt it for you and tell you how good the spot is. Just tell me when and point out the direction of this land.

Get out and hunt it this year, don't wait until next year. If it is a good spot a deer will be back into bedding in a short time.

:think: :think: :think: how long before i can hunt it at least two weeks ..ive got avaction coming up im going to western wiconsin so i dont think ill get to it this year....
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Well BigHunt don't forget about this place it looked good with pictures and size of tracks. I would bet when I find buck beds like this they use them year after year. So later this year set up and hunt it, or right it down on some notes for next year of the bed wind etc. Good luck!

Oh -The one thing different this year is the marshes are dry everywhere, this might have an affect next year on this bed?
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Beauford wrote:Well BigHunt don't forget about this place it looked good with pictures and size of tracks. I would bet when I find buck beds like this they use them year after year. So later this year set up and hunt it, or right it down on some notes for next year of the bed wind etc. Good luck!

Oh -The one thing different this year is the marshes are dry everywhere, this might have an affect next year on this bed?

it was perty wet to me ,i was upto my waste in water...allmost :lol: ...and im not going to forget about this one man ;)

ill try it after gunn hunting some time maby if im not tagged out buy then 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
ttsbuck
500 Club

Unread postby ttsbuck » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Big I wouldn't be afraid of hunting that bed sometime soon. If it looks freshly used and there hasn't been other people too close. He may continue to use it as this bed has been proven safe for him. By the way where do you hunt in the west part of the state?
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:04 pm

BigHunt wrote:
Beauford wrote: Oh -The one thing different this year is the marshes are dry everywhere, this might have an affect next year on this bed?

it was perty wet to me ,i was upto my waste in water...allmost :lol: ...and im not going to forget about this one man ;)

I think what Beauford is trying to say is this fall has been pretty dry, if we have a wet fall next year this bed could be 6 inches or a foot under water and the deer won't use it.

This kind of has me thinking, it has been pretty dry in my neck of the woods too, that could open up a lot of new bedding that could have been under water in years past and make these bucks that much harder to hunt.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”