Advanced Search "feature"

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Advanced Search "feature"

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:46 pm

One cool tool I use when something triggers my curiousity is the "Advanced search" button on the top of the forum (you have to be logged in). As an example, a lot of us have recently been curious as to Dan's knowledge and experiences with rub height, how far above the ground a buck rubs and how it relates to his age. If you click on the "Advanced search" button, you can access all of his great posts on this subject. Where it states "Search for keywords" type in "height". Where it says "Search for author" type in "dan". Go to the bottom and click on the "Search" button, and all of Dan's posts regarding rub height appear in order, by date. If you find one that you want to read in its entirety, click on the "Jump to post" feature on the right of the topic you are interested in. When done, use your back arrow on the top left of your screen to go back to all the listings again.

Another great search is "rubs" with "dan" as the author.

If you have a favorite author and you want to follow all of their posts, just put their username in the "search for author" area and click on the search button. You don't have to do anything else. 8-)

PLB
500 Club

Re: Advanced Search "feature"

Unread postby PLB » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:41 am

I was always curious about how that worked! Thank you Bridge! 8-) I am good at bookmarking topics for future reference but this will be helpful also :D
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Advanced Search "feature"

Unread postby dan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:47 am

Yep... I use it all the time. Got those pic's of that "cheesehead non-typical" and remembered Tim posted he wanted to see them, but I couldn't remember where they were so I searched "Oak creek" knowing I mentioned it was from the town of Oak Creek and "walla" popped right up.

Like bridge says, its invaluable for an educational tool... You can search any topic you want to learn or comment on. Thanks for pointing this feature out Bridge! 8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”