anybody have any buck bed pics ?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

anybody have any buck bed pics ?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:01 am

Just looking for some buck bed pics in hopes it will maybe teach me a little more what to look for.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

BigHunt

Re: anybody have any buck bed pics ?

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:14 am

dreaming bucks wrote:Just looking for some buck bed pics in hopes it will maybe teach me a little more what to look for.

look in scouting all the way back and youll find some people s post there sorry i would post the links but dont know how
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:25 am

Good idea..... thanks !
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:00 am

BigHunt wrote:
dreaming bucks wrote:Just looking for some buck bed pics in hopes it will maybe teach me a little more what to look for.

look in scouting all the way back and youll find some people s post there sorry i would post the links but dont know how

All you have to do is copy the URL and paste it into your reply. If you have problems doing it just let me know.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:26 am

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:27 am

BigHunt wrote:http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=845

NICE thanks deerslayer for the help her you go man ...............

i learn somthing new every day
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:12 am

I have a better pic, have to find it. You really just need to see one in person, as some pics of beds dont show much. Like this bed, my son is right in it, yet you wouldnt know its a bed by looking at the picture or the area surrounding it.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:22 am

kenn1320 wrote:I have a better pic, have to find it. You really just need to see one in person, as some pics of beds dont show much. Like this bed, my son is right in it, yet you wouldnt know its a bed by looking at the picture or the area surrounding it.

Nice pic of your son...... :lol:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Zap wrote:
kenn1320 wrote:I have a better pic, have to find it. You really just need to see one in person, as some pics of beds dont show much. Like this bed, my son is right in it, yet you wouldnt know its a bed by looking at the picture or the area surrounding it.

Nice pic of your son...... :lol:

Looks like a future big buck killer in training. :)
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:49 pm

I'll look for some more later.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:06 pm

Dreaming bucks,
When you want to see or find something on this forum use the search option in the menu above. I searched "beds" in the scouting forum and found this cool thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80&hilit=beds

When you find cool old threads, bring them back to life!!! There really are some great posts that are buried deep in this forum waiting to be found and brought back to life. ;)
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:49 pm

dan wrote:Dreaming bucks,
When you want to see or find something on this forum use the search option in the menu above. I searched "beds" in the scouting forum and found this cool thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80&hilit=beds

When you find cool old threads, bring them back to life!!! There really are some great posts that are buried deep in this forum waiting to be found and brought back to life. ;)

i forgot about the search option also........ yes, that's a good tip.

I went back to some of those old scouting threads, and I spent an hour on them. :shock: You're right, there are some great threads in some of those old threads....

Dan.....
Have you ever tried to make buck beds yourself ?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Yes... But in my opinoin its easier to improve upon bedding areas than it is to create new ones that "mature" bucks will use. For example by cutting a tree, or trees at a certain elevation in hill country I can get a mature buck to bed at a certain spot cause it already is a good location. But try and create a bed at the bottom of the hill, or up on the flat fields and you will fail...
Its very important that you understand why and where bucks bed in your terrain prior to attempting to make a bed...
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:09 pm

dan wrote:

Yes... But in my opinoin its easier to improve upon bedding areas than it is to create new ones that "mature" bucks will use. For example by cutting a tree, or trees at a certain elevation in hill country I can get a mature buck to bed at a certain spot cause it already is a good location. But try and create a bed at the bottom of the hill, or up on the flat fields and you will fail...
Its very important that you understand why and where bucks bed in your terrain prior to attempting to make a bed...

yes, I totally understand that they need to be in the correct place..... For example, on my land, we have several points sticking out from our main ridge. Next spring I was thinking about checking them all out and using the 1/3 of the way down rule, and maybe putting a bed on each side of the point, that way they have different beds for different wind directions. of course if there is a bed there already, maybe just enhance it with some backcover for the bed....
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:29 pm

This one in hill country at a point off a draw. He likes it here, can see what's coming up the draw, on his backside the wind and a bit of a rise. Oak flat behind, water below. No problem to get there, i just have to climb a cliff.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”