My new Bushnell Trophy Cam ! Not good....

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

My new Bushnell Trophy Cam ! Not good....

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 am

So I was all excited to try my new Bushnell trophy cam out, and I took it out of the package, put the batteries in, and turned it on, and NOTHING..... won't turn on. So I went and bought another set of batteries hoping that was the problem, but nope, same thing again....... I called them up and they are sending me a brand new one out, which is very cool of them, but I tell ya, I am so sick of having problems with trail cams.... It's always something with any brand I've bought.... I have had Moultrie, Cuddy's, Bushnell, Wildview.......... and they all have a problem sooner or later...

They say the Reconyx don't have any problems, but I just can't force myself to spend that kind of money.... maybe I should....

U.P. MAN
500 Club

Re: My new Bushnell Trophy Cam ! Not good....

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:00 am

I hear ya, gets frustrating! Sooner or later I'm going reconyx !

[ Post made via Android ] Image
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 am

i just bought the new cudde and i got the flash version just cause i dont have luck with ir, welllll, that camera wasnt doing what its supposed to i was actually getting white outs if i was too close when i tested it??? from flash. and when dark and flash was used the 15 second delay was taking 60 seconds to take next photo. so i took it back and exchanged it for the ir and i think this camera is going to be really good(i hope) it passed all my tests everything looked good even in moderate light conditions and not one white out, sooooo well see, i hope it is a good one :roll:
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:15 am

ive got three cuddes and just bught my fourth ........ive had the three four 5 years and had NO problem with any of them
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:19 pm

I have been using wildgame innovations, and been really happy with them. One of them is a 45 dollar camera and is 1.3 mp, I cant believe some of the photos it has given me this year, even out at 20-30 yards. Im sure there are better cameras but for $45 bucks Im loving the heck out of it and going to buy more next year. I also have an ir model thats a 4.0 mp and I dont care for the ir as much as the flash, seems like the pictures arean't near as clear and if its too close its just a white blur.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:I have been using wildgame innovations, and been really happy with them. One of them is a 45 dollar camera and is 1.3 mp, I cant believe some of the photos it has given me this year, even out at 20-30 yards. Im sure there are better cameras but for $45 bucks Im loving the heck out of it and going to buy more next year. I also have an ir model thats a 4.0 mp and I dont care for the ir as much as the flash, seems like the pictures arean't near as clear and if its too close its just a white blur.

I think the wildgame cams are UNDER rated. Everyone thinks cheap price = cheap camera ,low quality. Seems like every time I see a nice set of pics on here. They came from a Wildgame camera.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:49 pm

don't lose faith in bushnell. I traded a couple bags of duck decoys for 2 '09 model trophy cams that had some bear damage. I called Bushnell and they sent me all the parts I needed but 1 free of cost to me. The customer service seems to be top notch (unless they only staff the good people on the days I call) Anyhow, they are a great help and I believe they will work with you until you are satisfied. And as far as picture quality and battery life (using lithium AA's) I think the trophy cam has one of the best combo's on the market. Good luck I'm sure it will work out for you 8-)
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:59 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:don't lose faith in bushnell. I traded a couple bags of duck decoys for 2 '09 model trophy cams that had some bear damage. I called Bushnell and they sent me all the parts I needed but 1 free of cost to me. The customer service seems to be top notch (unless they only staff the good people on the days I call) Anyhow, they are a great help and I believe they will work with you until you are satisfied. And as far as picture quality and battery life (using lithium AA's) I think the trophy cam has one of the best combo's on the market. Good luck I'm sure it will work out for you 8-)

Ya, it's all good, I just think I have incredibly bad luck when it comes to trail cams.... ;)

From everything I have read, the trophy cam's have got nothing but good things wrote about them, so I'm sure it will be fine once I get my new one, it's just that I was fired up to get that one out to the woods, and now I have to wait a few more days..... They were very good about it all though...
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:34 am

Bummer dreaming bucks, but that is the reality of that market. Its really hit and miss and it seems one guy loves em, next guy hates em and so on.

don't lose faith in bushnell. I traded a couple bags of duck decoys for 2 '09 model trophy cams that had some bear damage.

As for Bushnell from what I have read, the 09 models are the ones to have. They changed manufacturers after that and quality went to down hill quickly.

I use home brew cams and while they take killer pics, even they have their ups and downs.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:47 am

I've heard that guys are having better luck with the older Bushnells than the newer ones. I bought a WGI x6c last year and have had decent luck with it, besides the blurry deer pics. I've had the best luck with my old Stealth WD-1....that thing never fails and has been going strong for probably 7-8 years now!
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:09 am

http://www.trailcampro.com/reviews.aspx

Buried in the camera reviews at trailcampro they give stats on their experience with cameras they sold from different companies that were sent back for warranty issues. They stated 3.16% of the Bushnell Trophy cams were returned to them for warranty repair. They said .001% of the Reconyx cameras they sold were returned for warrany repair. In other words,for every 100,000 sold, 3160 Bushnell cams are returned and only one Reconyx is returned.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:40 am

dreaming bucks wrote:So I was all excited to try my new Bushnell trophy cam out, and I took it out of the package, put the batteries in, and turned it on, and NOTHING..... won't turn on. So I went and bought another set of batteries hoping that was the problem, but nope, same thing again....... I called them up and they are sending me a brand new one out, which is very cool of them, but I tell ya, I am so sick of having problems with trail cams.... It's always something with any brand I've bought.... I have had Moultrie, Cuddy's, Bushnell, Wildview.......... and they all have a problem sooner or later...

They say the Reconyx don't have any problems, but I just can't force myself to spend that kind of money.... maybe I should....

Buddy I am telling ya....You will never regret purchasing a Reconyx. I couldn't hardly make myself drop the cash and after all my buddies had so many problems I decided if I was going to buy one it was going to be a Reconyx. It was expensive up front....but I get more than a year out of the batteries and both of My HC600 have taken well over 100,000 photos now without a hitch. They never fail, never have missed pics or get pics of butts. They are bullet proof cameras that simply out perform every camera I have had them up against. Even the Buckeye cam. If you are serious about cameras you have to get one, you eventually will anyway :D

If you don't want to drop the cash all at once go to Call Bass Pro Shops and tell them you want to buy one on the 6 pay plan. No interest, comes right out of your account each month, affordable payments. Can't beat it.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:33 am

Wow Indianahunter, that is great! Basically, 90$ per month x's 6, interest free.
I'm embarrased to admit i have spent THOUSANDS of hard earned dollars on trail cameras in the last 10 years. I will also admit I learn most of my life lessons the hard way! Here is my hard earned opinion on trail cams....DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANY TRAIL CAM MADE IN CHINA. They MAY work the first season, you MAY get lucky and get a couple cams made in a good batch so they work as advertized. But, they WILL let you down, eventually.
If you really want a trail camera, save your money and buy a reconyx. Even if you can only buy one cam per year until you have as many as you want. It will be cheaper in the long run! You won't waste your money or your TIME!
Last edited by KLEMZ on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:38 am

I would buy 5 wild game or wild view or whatever they are called cams at 70 bucks a piece each yr before buying 1 $500 dollar reconyx each yr. Nothin against reconyx but I just can't justify spending that much money on something that coul be stolen, struck by lightning, destroyed by bears etc etc. That's just too much money for me. I wouldn't even have bushnells had I not traded for mine.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:59 pm

The 2010 Bushnell's had a lot of problems. They bought junk parts from China in 2010. I had the same problem sent it in and the next one was a run away. The third one was good and I'm using it as we speak. My other 6 cameras are homebrews.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”