scouted this mornig at marsh spot

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

scouted this mornig at marsh spot

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Image scouted the marsh of the video i posted "HORNS LOOKING GOOD" and found a good set of tracks going in this small grassy area and found the bed looks good im still thinking of a plain to hunt this deer

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
publiclandhunter
500 Club

Re: scouted this mornig at marsh spot

Unread postby publiclandhunter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Bighunt,

If you can identify how the deer enters and/or exits his bed, you may be able to hang a trail cam and get a pic to see what you are working with. In the Marsh Bucks video Dan discusses finding a bed and how the buck enters or exits the bed and how to take advantage of this. He kills a nice ten-point on film that is utilizing a swamp and small bedding area. PM him for a better description on exactly "how" to hunt that buck. Nice tracks!

PLH
Go farther, stay longer.........hunt harder.
BigHunt

Re: scouted this mornig at marsh spot

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:08 pm

publiclandhunter wrote:Bighunt,

If you can identify how the deer enters and/or exits his bed, you may be able to hang a trail cam and get a pic to see what you are working with. In the Marsh Bucks video Dan discusses finding a bed and how the buck enters or exits the bed and how to take advantage of this. He kills a nice ten-point on film that is utilizing a swamp and small bedding area. PM him for a better description on exactly "how" to hunt that buck. Nice tracks!

PLH

man i wish i had that moive
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”