Picked Up a New Property for the fall!

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cwoods
500 Club

Picked Up a New Property for the fall!

Unread postby cwoods » Wed May 18, 2011 10:30 am

:mrgreen: Pretty stoked to have landed a new FREE place to hunt! Its about 4 miles from the house and 8 acres in size. I went to a good friend of minds house (He just recently bought) and he was telling me it was 1.4 acres. About half of his lot is wooded as goes behind other neighboors homes. So I just came right out and asked if he minded I bowhunt it and split some meat w/ him. He was like pretty excited about the idea and said oh yea and you can hunt 7 additional acres that his wifes uncle owns. The may purchase that as well. I know its only 8 acres but Ill take the right 8 acres over 80 wrong ones! He told me there were lots of deer tracks back there. The access is basicaly a funnel in b/w a swamp and housing to ag fields. I killed a buck last year in a similiar spot. :mrgreen: May be a nice place to take a doe w/o intruding on buck bedding but, you never know what lurks in the suburbs. 8-) Ill put down some boot leather in the near future and report my findings.

How about you? Have any other BEAST members found new fall spots they've gained access to this spring/summer? Lets hear about them!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Picked Up a New Property for the fall!

Unread postby dan » Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 am

Congrats on your new spot! 8-)
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed May 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Congrats! 8-)
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed May 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Good to hear and good luck! A buddy and I were discussing the "right 8 over the wrong 80" almost exactly as you worded it today. There are big deer in the suburbs I bet you will find some good stuff there good luck to you. I am working at gaining more solid permission on a farm I have been granted access to hunt on occasion the last 2 yrs. I forsee a fair amount of wood splitting this summer to lock that one up.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm

CONGRATS on the new hunting spot!!! No new spots for me this year :oops:

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”