Scouting When The Greens UP?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cwoods
500 Club

Scouting When The Greens UP?

Unread postby cwoods » Wed May 11, 2011 8:33 am

Well here in NC the ticks and red bugs are out and the woods that once were sparce are now full of green leaves and life. When the green is up how do you change your scouting methods? I still have some areas I would love to dig into. Do most just back out now and run cameras and mineral sites where legal?
Looking for input.

Indianahunter
500 Club

Re: Scouting When The Greens UP?

Unread postby Indianahunter » Wed May 11, 2011 8:42 am

It is really hard to find beds right now, but not impossible. The other thing that I tried last year after green up and the crops were planted were soft bumps to figure things out. Then set up and stay out until hunting time. Hopefully Dan or some of the more experienced guys on here can offer something more. It is a tough time of year now here in Indiana to locate things.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Scouting When The Greens UP?

Unread postby dan » Wed May 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Once green up arrives some areas get really hard to scout, but some are not that bad... timbered Swamps, dogwood swamps, tamerack swamps, thick woods, all very tough to scout and/or find beds after green up... But hilley terrain, and marsh can be really easy to scout even in summer by useing topo's and aerials to locate likely bedding areas prior to scouting on foot.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”