Locked in ? Locked out ?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampthing
500 Club

Locked in ? Locked out ?

Unread postby Swampthing » Mon May 02, 2011 1:44 pm

I scouted an area saturday that I,ve hunted several times in the past. It,s a 1/2 mile trail to access the parking. And I had quite the surprise when I went to leave .
For years I thought this road was a DNR access point.I guess I need to do some checking.

Here,s a look from the outside after I had to drive down the ditch and through a field to get back on the main road.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Locked in ? Locked out ?

Unread postby dan » Mon May 02, 2011 1:50 pm

Good thing you could drive around!
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:10 pm

This is access to public land? Could be the road gets to rough and or is seasonal. Who ever locked it must not have saw you back there?
Ken
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Mon May 02, 2011 4:45 pm

I left some of the story out ,sorry. There was no gate there at all when I arrived at 2 p.m. and at 4:30 p.m. someone had dug the postholes ,hung the gate and locked me in. It was,nt that someone just came and locked the gate behind me.I think the guy saw me drive in and then put up this gate in a matter of a couple hours.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon May 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Swampthing wrote:I left some of the story out ,sorry. There was no gate there at all when I arrived at 2 p.m. and at 4:30 p.m. someone had dug the postholes ,hung the gate and locked me in. It was,nt that someone just came and locked the gate behind me.I think the guy saw me drive in and then put up this gate in a matter of a couple hours.

Wow!! :shock: That's crazy!
I would call the DNR and find out what the heck is going on.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon May 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Dewey wrote:
Swampthing wrote:...I would call the DNR and find out what the heck is going on.

Good idea.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue May 03, 2011 2:23 am

I've watched something similar happen around here- a lesser road accesses state land while running between two private properties. The landowners gated off the road, it ended up in court, the road was opened, it was gated off again.... after a couple of decades the roads are gated and blocked and you can't get in. :roll: Hope it doesn't go that far for you, Swampthing.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue May 03, 2011 2:24 am

wow that is a little crazy, call the dnr for sure. If there is a parking area for public land down that road the gate flying up when you are back there seems very odd to me.
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:41 am

That is crazy it all happened in two hours. Definitely worth a phone call to find out what is going on. Also a good thing as it will deter other people away seeing the gate possibly.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue May 03, 2011 10:22 am

It,s kinda hard to see ,but to one side of the road is a deep ditch .And the road is kinda high ,almost like the top of a dike.It looks as if the road lays on top of the material they dug out for the drainage ditch. A friend at work told me that if the drainage ditch was constucted by the state or county with tax dollars ,and the road was made from that constuction .Than it would automatically make it a public road ,even though it,s on private property. So I guess I better make a couple phone calls. I sure hope so cause I got onto a few nice bucks there last year,that should be pretty nice bucks this year.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue May 03, 2011 11:08 am

If by some chance it were private property and you accidentally mistook it for public wouldn't it have been a lot easier for the guy to just confront you than lock you in? :lol:

This is one of the weirdest things I've heard of interested to hear what comes of it. Kepp us posted!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Definitely one of the weirdest things I've ever see or heard of... :shock:
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue May 03, 2011 3:32 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:If by some chance it were private property and you accidentally mistook it for public wouldn't it have been a lot easier for the guy to just confront you than lock you in? :lol:

This is one of the weirdest things I've heard of interested to hear what comes of it. Kepp us posted!

That,s kinda what I thought.What ever happened to waiting next to a guys truck and telling him to get the F*** off your land or your gonna get your kicked.At least if that happened I would,nt be sitting here trying to figure it all out .I,d know .Mabey he thought I was,nt gonna go through the ditch and field to get out .And he was gonna let me simmer a little bit and then he was gonna pull up with the key speak his piece and make me agree to stay out or he would,nt let me out.
I wonder what I would,ve done if I had been driving my little wagon .I really would,ve beeen stuck there. And then who would I call .The police? no they proably woulda threw me in jail for tresspassing. Coulda called my dad ,and told him to bring a cutting torch. Then I woulda got charged with destruction of property.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:19 am

Hey swamp what ever came of this did you make any contacts?
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:06 pm

People do some weird stuff. I have seen people around here purple paint public land trees to try and say it was their land....

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”