Prep Work

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cwoods
500 Club

Prep Work

Unread postby cwoods » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:13 pm

So as I was working today things just weren't quite going as well as they could have. The task was made more difficult b/c my prep work wasnt what it should have been. I regrouped right before lunch and then things went way better after lunch. Its something we all know but most (atleast me) dont always take it as seriously as we should. Just a reminder that if you prep right now come fall you will reap the rewards. Get out and scout.....or kill a turkey then scout. With all the turkey pressure you may be able to discover a escape route or find where the deer go when pressure picks up.

DropTyne
500 Club

Re: Prep Work

Unread postby DropTyne » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:14 am

right on! I know that while I actively pursue a longbeard this weekend I will have my eyes peeled for deer sign.
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: Prep Work

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:46 am

cwoods wrote:So as I was working today things just weren't quite going as well as they could have. The task was made more difficult b/c my prep work wasnt what it should have been. I regrouped right before lunch and then things went way better after lunch. Its something we all know but most (atleast me) dont always take it as seriously as we should. Just a reminder that if you prep right now come fall you will reap the rewards. Get out and scout.....or kill a turkey then scout. With all the turkey pressure you may be able to discover a escape route or find where the deer go when pressure picks up.

Great point cwoods- I would also add that prep should include a lot more than just scouting for beds and picking a tree... all the little details of preparation and logging of the set-up information / entry and exit / conditions necessary to pull off the hunt can make or break a location, especially in early season.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”