Use of milkweed while scouting?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

1MObowhunter

Use of milkweed while scouting?

Unread postby 1MObowhunter » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:07 am

Sorry if this is a silly question, but was just curious if anyone uses milkweed while scouting in the off season? I’m new to beast style and am still early in the learning stage. Also looking for some if anyone has a couple of pods left over, would gladly pay for it.

headgear
500 Club

Re: Use of milkweed while scouting?

Unread postby headgear » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:13 am

Absolutely you should, a great way to test the swirling wind and other factors. It doesn't work all the time because you can get the wrong wind on scouting days but I always have some with me. I do sometimes plan my scouting based on the wind so I can take advantage of the milkweed.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:50 am

Of coarse! Very important for those solid buck bedding areas. The big boys will be tough to get close to.

PM me if you want. Im in MO as well, not sure if I have any pods left but lots of cottonwood. I have enough of that to last a decade - thanks Boogieman :lol: You can use cotton balls if needed, small fine pieces fly well.
1MObowhunter

Unread postby 1MObowhunter » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:15 am

Thanks for the responses fellas! I’m kinda anxious to check out some of my prior set locations and see what was really going on with certain winds and taking thermals into account using milkweed. I have a suspicion it may help answer some questions as to why I may get busted or not see anything. Always thought if I had a NW wind, I had a NW wind, and so on. So much to learn about wind/thermals. :think:

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”