Nice rub but...

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Moose
500 Club

Nice rub but...

Unread postby Moose » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:18 am

I scouted a new farm yesterday and found a ton of deer sign. Found 1 nice bed and possibly a few more but couldnt find any hair. I found this big rub about 4ft high and of course i got all excited until i turned around and seen a ladder stand 10yds from that rub. Man did that take the wind out of my sails. So i left that area and kept scouting but didnt find anything else like that. I know rubs arent everything but it looks like a big buck is in the area. Sorry about the picture, i havent figured out how to rotate it yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Huntress13
500 Club

Re: Nice rub but...

Unread postby Huntress13 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:44 am

Today I found some scrapes and rubs by somebody's ladder stand. Kind of on a ridge in a funnel between crop fields. But the best bed and rub was about 150 yards from there in thick stuff on leeward side of hill.

The picture rotation thing has to do with the size of the photos. I use a photo compress app to shrink the size and then they​ post upright.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:50 am

The picture rotation thing has to do with the size of the photos. I use a photo compress app to shrink the size and then they​ post upright.[/quote]

Thanks!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:46 am

Yeag, I just barely crop my picture and the it posts correctly
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:53 pm

Moose wrote:I scouted a new farm yesterday and found a ton of deer sign. Found 1 nice bed and possibly a few more but couldnt find any hair. I found this big rub about 4ft high and of course i got all excited until i turned around and seen a ladder stand 10yds from that rub. Man did that take the wind out of my sails. So i left that area and kept scouting but didnt find anything else like that. I know rubs arent everything but it looks like a big buck is in the area. Sorry about the picture, i havent figured out how to rotate it yet.

Sounds like you need to hunt the bed not the rub! Does that guy bow hunt or gun? If you can try hunting it before he starts hunting, i would! I wouldnt run from a tree stand, if i did alot of my big buck places would be out!
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
Seeker529
Facebook: N/A

Unread postby Seeker529 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:59 pm

Intentionally setup on a bad wind near there and push the buck into a different bedding area
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:22 pm

Stand at rub. Try to figure where it went from there. Go look.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”