Public land scouting workshop... Sunday February 9th 2020

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Public land scouting workshop... Sunday February 9th 2020

Unread postby dan » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:31 pm

85228675_10215883537781242_1650263633558503424_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Recurve6

Unread postby Recurve6 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:16 am

Was a very fun and informative day and well worth the drive (from Memphis!)and investment of time. Seeing a video and seeing real time are just not the same. Having said that... i not only learned a tremendous amount - had a great time - met some great folks ... i also realized i am not that far off in my scouting endeavors and truthfully a lot of what we covered is transferable to the type terrain you are hunting in. In speaking to Dan his main point was a keen understanding of deer behavior will help you find the beds in ANY terrain. We happened to be in a swamp but the same rules of behavior applied to my home turf as well.

For those who may not hunt swamps so write it off as "not for me" - you will learn a ton regardless of where you hunt. Can't recommend it enough!

Was really neat to see that Dan and his friends were as good of guys as the videos would suggest and couldn't have been more accommodating - great trip!!!!!!!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:50 am

Recurve6 wrote:Was a very fun and informative day and well worth the drive (from Memphis!)and investment of time. Seeing a video and seeing real time are just not the same. Having said that... i not only learned a tremendous amount - had a great time - met some great folks ... i also realized i am not that far off in my scouting endeavors and truthfully a lot of what we covered is transferable to the type terrain you are hunting in. In speaking to Dan his main point was a keen understanding of deer behavior will help you find the beds in ANY terrain. We happened to be in a swamp but the same rules of behavior applied to my home turf as well.

For those who may not hunt swamps so write it off as "not for me" - you will learn a ton regardless of where you hunt. Can't recommend it enough!

Was really neat to see that Dan and his friends were as good of guys as the videos would suggest and couldn't have been more accommodating - great trip!!!!!!!

Was great to meet you Recurve! Glad you made it up. Was really interesting to see examples of how terrain you hunt and how you adjusted your tactics to reflect what you are learning. (and the country singer story)
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
seuss79

Unread postby seuss79 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:00 am

Recurve6 wrote:Was a very fun and informative day and well worth the drive (from Memphis!)and investment of time. Seeing a video and seeing real time are just not the same. Having said that... i not only learned a tremendous amount - had a great time - met some great folks ... i also realized i am not that far off in my scouting endeavors and truthfully a lot of what we covered is transferable to the type terrain you are hunting in. In speaking to Dan his main point was a keen understanding of deer behavior will help you find the beds in ANY terrain. We happened to be in a swamp but the same rules of behavior applied to my home turf as well.

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
skrause5

Unread postby skrause5 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 am

Is there going to be anymore scouting workshops this year?
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:38 pm

skrause5 wrote:Is there going to be anymore scouting workshops this year?

Im trying... I want to do a big woods one up where I hunted the bear bait buck. But, I gotta get up there scouting 1st, and its tough with all I have going on.
WIpubhunter 87

Unread postby WIpubhunter 87 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:33 pm

Just curious if there will be a hill country workshop this year.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:59 pm

WIpubhunter 87 wrote:Just curious if there will be a hill country workshop this year.

Possibly...

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”