Food source change-no does-no rut funnel??

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Food source change-no does-no rut funnel??

Unread postby mheichelbech » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:44 am

Another property I hunt, a 40 acre woodlot that had the perfect rut funnel in years past, seems to have gone dry for the time being. A property owner about 300-400 yards away still had corn and beans up. Can’t figure why unless it was for that deer?? Anyhow, the deer have everything they could want over there, food, cover and water. I am seeing very little sign in the woodlot that I hunt. My best guess is the does have relocated bedding closer to the standing corn which also has a small pond next to it.

Question is, would you think the woodlot I hunt is pretty much dead until they cut the corn? I did a quick walk around the corn field and it is evident the deer are bedding in and around it.

I’m thinking this spot is gonna have to wait until the corn gets cut and it’s not gonna be a great rut funnel this year.

Agree disagree?

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Sharpshoot3r

Re: Food source change-no does-no rut funnel??

Unread postby Sharpshoot3r » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:43 am

i would agree.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”