Scouting Help

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Busch Light Bandit

Scouting Help

Unread postby Busch Light Bandit » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Hey there. Wondering if I could pick some brains on here. I recently have been given the opportunity to hunt in northern WI, private land. The land owner offered it up to me and then told me its 860 acres... I have never been to this spot before and I know it has a mix of crop land, logged out woods, hard woods, 2 marshy areas with 2 ponds. It's a 4.5 hour haul for me to get there and with my work/hunting schedule down here, I'm not finding time to get boots on the ground to scout it out. I attached a picture with the outlying property boundaries and would be appreciative if someone could give some insight as to where they think the bedding areas are. I have a bit of an idea, but with this expanse being so big and with no one hunting it, I have no clue where to start. I'm hoping to get into the scouting class in February, so I can be better prepared for scouting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

All good things come to those who shoot straight
PublicLand

Re: Scouting Help

Unread postby PublicLand » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:02 pm

Topo? I'm no pro but usually use knowledge of other's access, farmers and hunters alike. You hunting bucks or giants?
Dan's observation stands, as a fellow addict I've spent ridiculous time from a distance.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”