Scoutlook

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Scoutlook

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:07 am

Scoutlook just merged with Huntstand and boy did they mess that up. Scoutlook was awesome and now it’s completely gone the way it looks. :twisted:

All of my waypoints were suppose to migrate over but nothing did like they said.

Anybody else as pissed off as I am? Why do upgrades always mean the opposite? What a joke. :twisted:

peteherbst

Re: Scoutlook

Unread postby peteherbst » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:11 am

This just makes me happy I went with OnX after testing a few out. Hopefully you have those waypoints backed up somewhere or they figure it out. Can’t imagine losing all my waypoints.
“You have to pay your dues”
Nocturnal
500 Club

Unread postby Nocturnal » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:13 am

I lost everything TOO!. Just like I lost everything when OnX upgraded.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am

peteherbst wrote:This just makes me happy I went with OnX after testing a few out. Hopefully you have those waypoints backed up somewhere or they figure it out. Can’t imagine losing all my waypoints.

Only thing I logged in Scoutlook was stand sites. I really liked the wind cone for planning my daily sits. Everything is backed up in my Garmin but still sucks when they send me an email confirming everything migrated and it DID NOT.
peteherbst

Unread postby peteherbst » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:25 am

Dewey wrote:Only thing I logged in Scoutlook was stand sites. I really liked the wind cone for planning my daily sits. Everything is backed up in my Garmin but still sucks when they send me an email confirming everything migrated and it DID NOT.

Yeah I was between Scoutlook and OnX. The scent cone was the one thing they had that differentiated them from the rest. I don’t envy the work ahead to move those waypoints to another system.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:25 am

I do Hunt Wild app from WIDNR.
peteherbst

Unread postby peteherbst » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:28 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:I do Hunt Wild app from WIDNR.

I also have this downloaded. Convenient for shooting times and to cross reference maps. I haven’t used it for marking locations though. Just seems very sluggish.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:30 am

I loved the format of Scoutlook since inception. It was basic and easy to use. Everything was correct and very reliable so I could always count on it for planning. Huntstand looks like it has some nice features but seems way too busy for me. Sometimes those extras are just a pain and just complicate something that should just be real easy.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:31 am

peteherbst wrote:
Bowhunting Brian wrote:I do Hunt Wild app from WIDNR.

I also have this downloaded. Convenient for shooting times and to cross reference maps. I haven’t used it for marking locations though. Just seems very sluggish.

Sucks the life out of my phone battery unbelievably quick too.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:32 am

burkhart wrote:I use on x. Pay for my subscription but have no complaints

I use OnX as well but Scoutlook in many ways was much better.
Blink

Unread postby Blink » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:37 am

Dewey wrote:Scoutlook just merged with Huntstand and boy did they mess that up. Scoutlook was awesome and now it’s completely gone the way it looks. :twisted:

All of my waypoints were suppose to migrate over but nothing did like they said.

Anybody else as pissed off as I am? Why do upgrades always mean the opposite? What a joke. :twisted:

So much agree
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:40 am

Dewey wrote:Scoutlook just merged with Huntstand and boy did they mess that up. Scoutlook was awesome and now it’s completely gone the way it looks. :twisted:

You would have thought that they would have merged everything after deer season. I am sure doing it now will cost them some customers.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:27 pm

burkhart wrote:
Dewey wrote:
burkhart wrote:I use on x. Pay for my subscription but have no complaints

I use OnX as well but Scoutlook in many ways was much better.

Really ....I started with hunt stand but moved over to OnX. I think I dabbled with scout look.. it had wind direction cones on it right ???? Or am I thinking of something else. The wind cone was a cool feature

Yes. The wind cone was great and the predictions for wind changes by the hour were dead nuts.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:29 pm

cspot wrote:

You would have thought that they would have merged everything after deer season. I am sure doing it now will cost them some customers.

I agree. It’s almost like the people operating this stuff are anti-hunters. :roll:
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Yep, posted on live from stand... All my way points wiped out... 6 years of stuff. Not just hunting but I marked my fish holes on there too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”