Scoutlook

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

oldrank

Re: Scoutlook

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Dewey wrote:
Ack wrote:I was wondering if maybe you guys didn't sync....and you need to sync in order to view any new waypoints on your computer. I actually gave up on Scoutlook when their update left me hanging during my November vacation a year or two ago. Downloaded Huntstand right away and have had great luck with it ever since. And HS does have the "wind cone".....forgot what it's called, but it is there. And from what I remember SL did not have a bedded buck icon....perfect for us Beasts.

I synced multiple times. They must have did something on their end because suddenly it worked.

Ok, so I'm not crazy.

Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Dewey - Now me want a Slob from you - that all is A Ok. Anything on the phone makes me nervous... Glad all is good & can't wait for your stories with this season. Have a good feeling for you this year...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Beauford wrote:Dewey - Now me want a Slob from you - that all is A Ok. Anything on the phone makes me nervous... Glad all is good & can't wait for your stories with this season. Have a good feeling for you this year...

My luck all my stand sites got hacked because of this and they will all be taken when I get to them. :doh:
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Hmmmm, everything looks the same for me right now on SL. But yes, it is prompting me that there is an update. Should I do it?! Just like you guys, I have hundreds of locations saved on SL and would be super upset if I lost them!
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Chuck B wrote:Hmmmm, everything looks the same for me right now on SL. But yes, it is prompting me that there is an update. Should I do it?! Just like you guys, I have hundreds of locations saved on SL and would be super upset if I lost them!

You can actually get on Scoutlook? :?

This is all I see.

greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Dewey wrote:
Beauford wrote:Dewey - Now me want a Slob from you - that all is A Ok. Anything on the phone makes me nervous... Glad all is good & can't wait for your stories with this season. Have a good feeling for you this year...

My luck all my stand sites got hacked because of this and they will all be taken when I get to them. :doh:

Uh, if you find me in one of your stands, it's just... Um, ah... Coincidence. :whistle:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:57 pm

greenhorndave wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Uh, if you find me in one of your stands, it's just... Um, ah... Coincidence. :whistle:

You wouldn’t be the first one. :twisted:
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Dewey wrote:
Chuck B wrote:Hmmmm, everything looks the same for me right now on SL. But yes, it is prompting me that there is an update. Should I do it?! Just like you guys, I have hundreds of locations saved on SL and would be super upset if I lost them!

You can actually get on Scoutlook? :?

This is all I see.

Yes, everything is normal on ScoutLook for me.... I probably just didn’t do the update on it yet?
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Been messing around with Huntstand a bit and I’m actually starting to like some of the new features. It’s a little more busy than I like but should work just fine. Time will tell. I will say I like the aerial resolution and map options much better than OnX.
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:16 pm

I've honestly never seen the need for OnX after using Huntstand....does everything I need it to do. One thing I noticed yesterday while using HS though was my location marker was not accurate a couple times....like several hundred yards off. But from what I could tell my cell signal was really weak.....might have had something to do with it. Never had that happen before.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:00 am

Ack wrote:I've honestly never seen the need for OnX after using Huntstand....does everything I need it to do. One thing I noticed yesterday while using HS though was my location marker was not accurate a couple times....like several hundred yards off. But from what I could tell my cell signal was really weak.....might have had something to do with it. Never had that happen before.

Funny, I felt the same about OnX vs Huntstand... but in reverse. :lol:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:47 am

Ack wrote:I've honestly never seen the need for OnX after using Huntstand....does everything I need it to do. One thing I noticed yesterday while using HS though was my location marker was not accurate a couple times....like several hundred yards off. But from what I could tell my cell signal was really weak.....might have had something to do with it. Never had that happen before.

With the added private/public boundaries nationwide Huntstand does have an edge on OnX in that regard. Sucks I just renewed but good thing is I got the 20% discount applied.

Anybody know if there is a way to export OnX waypoints to Huntstand? If I could do that it would be awesome.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:52 am

Dewey wrote:

With the added private/public boundaries nationwide Huntstand does have an edge on OnX in that regard. Sucks I just renewed but good thing is I got the 20% discount applied.

Anybody know if there is a way to export OnX waypoints to Huntstand? If I could do that it would be awesome.

Now an export/import would be a reason for me to explore Huntstand. Without it, there’s no way I’m even going to entertain leaving OnX.

But I don’t understand the private/ public boundary comment. I get that in OnX, well maybe only in WI as that’s the state I bought.
----------
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:55 am

Backcountry Nav pro for me
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:16 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Now an export/import would be a reason for me to explore Huntstand. Without it, there’s no way I’m even going to entertain leaving OnX.

But I don’t understand the private/ public boundary comment. I get that in OnX, well maybe only in WI as that’s the state I bought.

Huntstand is FREE and has NATIONWIDE coverage of public/private and list landowners just like the paid version of OnX.

No idea how accurate the boundaries are but the stuff I checked that I’m familiar with it right on.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”