Scoutlook

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

oldrank

Re: Scoutlook

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Dewey wrote:I loved the format of Scoutlook since inception. It was basic and easy to use. Everything was correct and very reliable so I could always count on it for planning. Huntstand looks like it has some nice features but seems way too busy for me. Sometimes those extras are just a pain and just complicate something that should just be real easy.

Exactly.. I just need to mark spots... Dots could even be smaller.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Really???? :liar: :liar: :liar: :naughty: :naughty: :hand: :snooty:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:57 pm

When I heard about the merging a few weeks ago I just knew it wasn’t gonna be good. :angry-screaming:
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:18 pm

They sent me a link in my email...That won't open either. Maybe they will get the bugs worked out in the next few days. I'll contact them tomorrow. Email had a contact listed for support.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:27 pm

Seems every “upgrade” I have these days be it phone, internet, satellite tv, certain apps.......all turn into big problems. Should call them what they really are.....downgrades instead.

Don’t these people test this crap before rolling it out. :?
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:34 pm

I saw the headline on this and knew it wouldn’t be good. Just lost all my saved points. Hundreds of them. Nice transition to your new system. What a peach. I was moving towards on x but still used the scent cone. Just canceled the plan that I had with them. I can’t support stupidity.
Persistence is undefeated.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Mine just all loaded .. I went to list n synced scoutlook. Something happened and they all loaded.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:39 pm

oldrank wrote:Mine just all loaded .. I went to list n synced scoutlook. Something happened and they all loaded.

OK. I did the same and mine just loaded. :dance:
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Go to current hunt area... Should say scoutlook. Click that then the 2 arrows that make a circle. It will say synched. I clicked on that hunt area n they loaded.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Dewey wrote:
oldrank wrote:Mine just all loaded .. I went to list n synced scoutlook. Something happened and they all loaded.

OK. I did the same and mine just loaded. :dance:

:dance: phew !!!!
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:44 pm

I was wondering if maybe you guys didn't sync....and you need to sync in order to view any new waypoints on your computer. I actually gave up on Scoutlook when their update left me hanging during my November vacation a year or two ago. Downloaded Huntstand right away and have had great luck with it ever since. And HS does have the "wind cone".....forgot what it's called, but it is there. And from what I remember SL did not have a bedded buck icon....perfect for us Beasts.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Ack wrote:I was wondering if maybe you guys didn't sync....and you need to sync in order to view any new waypoints on your computer. I actually gave up on Scoutlook when their update left me hanging during my November vacation a year or two ago. Downloaded Huntstand right away and have had great luck with it ever since. And HS does have the "wind cone".....forgot what it's called, but it is there. And from what I remember SL did not have a bedded buck icon....perfect for us Beasts.

I synced multiple times. They must have did something on their end because suddenly it worked.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Glad you guys got it figured out. Frustrating.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Ack wrote:I was wondering if maybe you guys didn't sync....and you need to sync in order to view any new waypoints on your computer. I actually gave up on Scoutlook when their update left me hanging during my November vacation a year or two ago. Downloaded Huntstand right away and have had great luck with it ever since. And HS does have the "wind cone".....forgot what it's called, but it is there. And from what I remember SL did not have a bedded buck icon....perfect for us Beasts.

Yeah, maybe. I thought that's what I needed to do earlier today when it wasn't loading but it wasn't showing on my list. May have just been missing it somehow. I swear I looked like 50 times...lol

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”