Scoutlook

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Scoutlook

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:18 am

It’s funny yesterday I honestly hated Huntstand but now I’m really warming up to it. :lol:

Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:54 am

Dewey wrote:It’s funny yesterday I honestly hated Huntstand but now I’m really warming up to it. :lol:

Thats the way it works with new technology. You always hate it at first because you aren't used to it, and then it grows on you. One quick step backward and then two steps forward.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
eazyduzit94

Unread postby eazyduzit94 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:56 am

I used ScoutLook just for a quick weather info reference with the major/minor times. I think it’s more of a hassle now after the merge than before. ScoutLook was stupid easy to use and understand. Glad I use onX for my waypoints! I would be raging if I lost all of those!
If shooting 130's was a sport, I'd have a gold medal.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:13 am

eazyduzit94 wrote:I used ScoutLook just for a quick weather info reference with the major/minor times. I think it’s more of a hassle now after the merge than before. ScoutLook was stupid easy to use and understand. Glad I use onX for my waypoints! I would be raging if I lost all of those!

I agree they really did complicate things but overall all that info still seems to be there just not as simple to access.

Another thing I liked about Scoutlook is I could take a pic with my waypoint and save a view from my stand. That really came in handy to remember how things looked. Haven’t figured out yet if Huntstand can do that. Maybe it can. Also perfect wind directions saved were great to. That was really nice for planning sits.
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Dewey wrote:
eazyduzit94 wrote:I used ScoutLook just for a quick weather info reference with the major/minor times. I think it’s more of a hassle now after the merge than before. ScoutLook was stupid easy to use and understand. Glad I use onX for my waypoints! I would be raging if I lost all of those!

I agree they really did complicate things but overall all that info still seems to be there just not as simple to access.

Another thing I liked about Scoutlook is I could take a pic with my waypoint and save a view from my stand. That really came in handy to remember how things looked. Haven’t figured out yet if Huntstand can do that. Maybe it can. Also perfect wind directions saved were great to. That was really nice for planning sits.

Yes, you can add a photo when you go to save or edit a marker.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Ack wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Yes, you can add a photo when you go to save or edit a marker.

Awesome. 8-)
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:47 pm

I’m just glad I found my points again. That sync thing had me concerned due to showing nothing previously.
Persistence is undefeated.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:53 am

Dewey wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Ack wrote:I've honestly never seen the need for OnX after using Huntstand....does everything I need it to do. One thing I noticed yesterday while using HS though was my location marker was not accurate a couple times....like several hundred yards off. But from what I could tell my cell signal was really weak.....might have had something to do with it. Never had that happen before.

With the added private/public boundaries nationwide Huntstand does have an edge on OnX in that regard. Sucks I just renewed but good thing is I got the 20% discount applied.

Anybody know if there is a way to export OnX waypoints to Huntstand? If I could do that it would be awesome.

Now an export/import would be a reason for me to explore Huntstand. Without it, there’s no way I’m even going to entertain leaving OnX.

But I don’t understand the private/ public boundary comment. I get that in OnX, well maybe only in WI as that’s the state I bought.

Huntstand is FREE and has NATIONWIDE coverage of public/private and list landowners just like the paid version of OnX.

No idea how accurate the boundaries are but the stuff I checked that I’m familiar with it right on.

I was wrong about this. Sounds like I get HuntStand Pro for a short trial period and then it’s like $25/year. Still cheaper than OnX but not free like I thought.
hoyt31786

Unread postby hoyt31786 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:46 pm

Dewey wrote:Scoutlook just merged with Huntstand and boy did they mess that up. Scoutlook was awesome and now it’s completely gone the way it looks. :twisted:

All of my waypoints were suppose to migrate over but nothing did like they said.

Anybody else as pissed off as I am? Why do upgrades always mean the opposite? What a joke. :twisted:

I couldn't agree more it was just fine the way it was. I tried the new huntstand app and didnt take me long to uninstall it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”