BEAST workshop!

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: BEAST workshop!

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:44 am

Chuck B wrote:Looks like fun boys. Did the deep and fresh snow cover negatively impact the scouting at all?

It was fun. The snow was pretty much a non-factor. Didn't get deep enough by the time we were done.

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:05 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Chuck B wrote:Looks like fun boys. Did the deep and fresh snow cover negatively impact the scouting at all?

It was fun. The snow was pretty much a non-factor. Didn't get deep enough by the time we were done.

I think it weould of been nicer with no snow to see the beds. but most of the concentration was on terrain features that create bedding.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:14 pm

The workshop was great as usual. I was really trying to pay attention to the details of Dan's setups and there were a lot of details mentioned that help with picking the right spot to sit. Met some awesome hunters too. Nothing better than getting a group of diehard hunters together. Most of the time my questions that were in my head were asked by someone else before I even asked.

I told dan my only disappointment was that I still haven't got to see him catch a possum!
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:41 am

Reflecting on this, I can't recommend it enough for anyone who hasn't done it. Seize the opportunity if you can.

I know Dan often talks about the need to set up close (inside 100 yards), but seeing it in person brings a whole new appreciation for how close it is in the real world. It's just a number until you see the relationship between the bed and the kill tree. I think I'm OK at stealth, but I need to get a whole lot better if I'm going to get that close and not booger it up.

Would love to do another workshop in the future.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:57 pm

Agreed GHD. I think its priceless to be able to see the set ups. Like dan said, he doesn't like to show where he would set up to kill a buck, he likes to show where he DID set up and DID kill multiple big bucks.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”