Another Rub Height Question

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wolfie417
Facebook: brett wolf

Another Rub Height Question

Unread postby Wolfie417 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 am

Good day everyone.
I am not sure if this has been asked yet or not as I am pretty new to the fourm, but I wanted to throw some stuff out there about rub height. I guess what I am asking is how tall does a rub have to be for it to exite you at all. To me all the below knee rubs don't even make me blink. When I see a rub that's around waist height that is also shredded up I get pretty hyped up. Keeping in mind I am pretty tall I measured and my waist sits at 40 inches from the ground. How small does a rub have to be for you to write it off? Went out scouting early this morning and found so many small rubs I actually started laughing at one point thinking I should just maybe tell my dad about this spot as he would be happy to shoot any legal buck most of the time.

stash59

Re: Another Rub Height Question

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:49 am

All rubs still get me excited. But as far as mature buck potential, anything where the middle of the rubbed area is 36"+. Just because rubs are low or on small trees. I don't write it off to just being a young buck/s. I've seen large bucks rub small trees, and hit these smaller trees lower down. If there's a cluster of alot of small/low rubs. I like to investigate the area closer. Looking for other big buck sign!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
may21581
500 Club

Re: Another Rub Height Question

Unread postby may21581 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:09 pm

I'm 6'1" and I get excited when I find a rub on utility poles and trees rubbed at chest level.
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”