sheds

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MOBIGBUCKS

Re: sheds

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Awesome story! I figured I was pretty close on the score. Did you find all those this year? I have found five so far. One 61 inch 4 point side and a 62 inch 5 point side. I'll post some pics and show you guys. It's been tough for me because all my bucks go to other food sources and they drop on other properties. I got a few atleast.

Swampthing wrote:That big set i tried to score myself came up with 62 1/2 per side +or-.
I do have an unbelievable story about that buck.
I set-up on the ground in the cattails that bordered a small patch of soybeans.He came out first night at 4:oopm out of range so i adjusted and tried him again 2 days later.I went out a little earlier than b/4 so i would be all ready. But when i got there it was 40- windchill cold as . I walked the 1/2 mile through knee deep snow to the cattails .I set my bow on my coat ,looked up and he was running outa the woods to the soybeans,right at me ,i dove into the snow (headfirst)and he finally stopped 15 feet away ,i couldn,t do anything ,just had to lay there admiring this buck .I finally tried grabbing my bow but he busted me at about 10 feet away,least I got his sheds though.

Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:51 pm

The 2 big ones are from last year.I have the same problem they herd up in private woods around me . I have just a small amount of private to hunt but come december void of any deer.My dad has 200 acres but only like 10 acres huntable ,tinylittle woodlots.I got some summer pics of him but never saw him this hunting season.I figure if I don,t figure him out this year I might never get'em.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:53 pm

It,s been tough here too .I,m averaging 1 shed per 5 miles walking.
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:54 am

I walked after work yesterday for a few hours and didn't find much fresh sign, and no sheds. Then as I was driving home, I spotted one laying in a shallow ditchline right next to the road. Just a big forkie with a 1/2" browtine, a 12" main beam and a 4" G-2.
Go figure!
I'll be heading out again after work today...taking advantage of the extra daylight hours!

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”