Workshop interest...

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Workshop interest...

Unread postby dan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:16 am

If your still interested in the hill or public workshop let me know. If we do another Hill workshop it would likely be the Sunday after the 1st one. So, the next day. That way I don't have to travel twice or loose two weekends during my short scouting season. The public one we could do any weekend im not booked. Would like to get ahold of Dave and see if we can do the Farm / public one we used to do... That was always a great one. But Dave needs to be there due to his Mom, and his health ain't the greatest, So I would have to check. It seems like we got most??? But if we can get 5 or more people on the same date, I would commit. Im sure I could pull that many off my email list too... Anybody?

WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Re: Workshop interest...

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:25 am

I know it’s tough for you to travel and do a hill country one closer to the east coast when you fill all your spots on ones closer to your home, but I’d love to go to one if you head to PA, WV, OH or KY sometime.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:50 am

WV Bowhunter wrote:I know it’s tough for you to travel and do a hill country one closer to the east coast when you fill all your spots on ones closer to your home, but I’d love to go to one if you head to PA, WV, OH or KY sometime.

Same here!
tibolli

Unread postby tibolli » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:33 am

If you have another hill workshop I may be interested. I just ordered your Hill County Bedding DVD. After I receive it and watch it, I may need to follow up with your workshop.
isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 am

I and a friend would likely attend either if you do another.
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 am

flinginairos wrote:
WV Bowhunter wrote:I know it’s tough for you to travel and do a hill country one closer to the east coast when you fill all your spots on ones closer to your home, but I’d love to go to one if you head to PA, WV, OH or KY sometime.

Same here!

I would also be interested in one further east if possible. The only thing keeping me from attending a scouting workshop is the 13 hour drive to Rome, WI...believe me I considered. I hope we can make it happen a little further eastward sometime within the next few years. I would be happy to help in any way. Plus I think the Big Buck Serial Killer could do some damage in Ohio on a rut vacation if he wanted to do some scouting for himself ahead of time ;) . $150 non-resident and lots of public.
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:21 pm

Amen!!! Me too!
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:26 pm

8-)
Josh_S wrote:
flinginairos wrote:

Same here!

I would also be interested in one further east if possible. The only thing keeping me from attending a scouting workshop is the 13 hour drive to Rome, WI...believe me I considered. I hope we can make it happen a little further eastward sometime within the next few years. I would be happy to help in any way. Plus I think the Big Buck Serial Killer could do some damage in Ohio on a rut vacation if he wanted to do some scouting for himself ahead of time ;) . $150 non-resident and lots of public.
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Dan, have you ever hunted ohio? I agree with this guy. You've got a big fan base here to the east!
Bowhuntercoop
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhuntercoop » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm

I’ve got guys lined up in pa but I know it’s super tuff to try and get to the east coast with travel and time. I agree with everyone on here if you ever decide to come east guys will flock to it. Soo much hill country in pa that’s public is crazy.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:44 pm

The biggest issue with an "out east" workshop is that we don't already know and/or hunt the land. I would be scouting with you guys following me, and it would not be covering everything like the ones on my home turf. Its also real easy to get on a bad piece of public, or even private that has no buck bedding to be found. For example, I only hunt about 1 out of 10 public properties in my home area and consider the rest a waste of time. I don't have time to travel to pre- scout 10 properties to find one that will work.

With that said, I would be willing to travel East if the right property is presented. I would not expect it to be as good a workshop as the ones near my home, but it would be a good exercise in how I look at a new property I have never been too... I think whats lost is the known history of a primary bedding area. For instance, the primary bedding area at Daves, most would walk right past and not notice. No scrapes, no rubs most years, and the beds are hard to see... Some of the public ones are too... But, these are primary bedding areas we kill bucks out of annually. I like people to see the knowns so they can relate it...

That said, I am open to property suggestions if we can work out a date(s) There is also an issue with public land. We are finding a lot of states not allowing me to do workshops or scout for people on public land without a guides license. So I am trying to stick to private out of state unless I get permission from the local warden.
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:12 am

dan wrote:The biggest issue with an "out east" workshop is that we don't already know and/or hunt the land. I would be scouting with you guys following me, and it would not be covering everything like the ones on my home turf. Its also real easy to get on a bad piece of public, or even private that has no buck bedding to be found. For example, I only hunt about 1 out of 10 public properties in my home area and consider the rest a waste of time. I don't have time to travel to pre- scout 10 properties to find one that will work.

With that said, I would be willing to travel East if the right property is presented. I would not expect it to be as good a workshop as the ones near my home, but it would be a good exercise in how I look at a new property I have never been too... I think whats lost is the known history of a primary bedding area. For instance, the primary bedding area at Daves, most would walk right past and not notice. No scrapes, no rubs most years, and the beds are hard to see... Some of the public ones are too... But, these are primary bedding areas we kill bucks out of annually. I like people to see the knowns so they can relate it...

That said, I am open to property suggestions if we can work out a date(s) There is also an issue with public land. We are finding a lot of states not allowing me to do workshops or scout for people on public land without a guides license. So I am trying to stick to private out of state unless I get permission from the local warden.

Personally I think that would make it even better. I'd love to follow you and watch how you would scout out a new area you've only cyber scouted. Its totally understandable though. I didn't realize you need a guide license in some states.
tuff4x4

Unread postby tuff4x4 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 am

Josh_S wrote:
flinginairos wrote:

Same here!

No No....No big bucks in ohio, atleast not after the BBSK comes through :lol:
I am unable to make the current workshops but if there is anyway you could come around OH (PA,WV,KY) . That would help me out. I can only imagine what your schedule is like so I understand.
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 am

I'll definitely bring a Canadian contingent down if there is an east coast workshop. I'm glad I'm going in March, but I'm a slow learner and a second workshop will probably be necessary haha.

Cheers,
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:30 am

Any chance of doing a big woods workshop? Could do it in the central forest region of wisconsin so it wouldn't be a far drive for you, and still reasonable for everybody to attend/ get a hotel or fly in. Not the "real" big woods of northern wisconsin/minnesota but I think the idea would be the same.

Black river, clark/jackson county, Babcock/wood county areas are all lower density bigger woods terrain and closer to somewhat decent sized cities for people to stay in. Could be a pretty cool workshop
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”