Map print outs at staples

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dloat

Map print outs at staples

Unread postby Dloat » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Just a heads up that you guys can get maps printed and laminated at staples for pretty cheap. I just got 2 24" by 36" (the biggest they said they could make and laminate)maps of some spots for $25, just wanted to see how they came out. They came out good but it was on like huge printing paper so it wasn't the clearest though still quite useful, like printing it out on your home printer with some loss of detail as it was blown up so big. I'm going to toy with it and see what their biggest photo quality paper is and try that as I think that will give me better photo clarity.

Brickhouse

Re: Map print outs at staples

Unread postby Brickhouse » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Sweet tip. Do they just do it off of Google maps? Is it in color?
Dloat

Unread postby Dloat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:53 am

Yea man, you just email them the file of the picture/map you want printed and they use that. So you can use a google earth image, bing maps or whatever and it's in color too.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:59 am

I wonder what would be the best map to have this done for...google earth, took, combo?
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
northeast beast

Unread postby northeast beast » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:09 am

i used a search and found out how to get the highest resolution image from google earth. That helped out alot once I went to enlarge it to a full 16"x24" map. I am not a computer guy and was able to figure it out pretty easy. Then I just sent them in to my local print place and had a nice detailed photo map
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:25 am

northeast beast wrote:i used a search and found out how to get the highest resolution image from google earth. That helped out alot once I went to enlarge it to a full 16"x24" map. I am not a computer guy and was able to figure it out pretty easy. Then I just sent them in to my local print place and had a nice detailed photo map

Whats the trick to get the highest resolution image?
daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 am

I work for officemax/depot, I have been doing it for a while now. it's pretty cool cuz I break it into 8 1/2 x 11 papers also and bring them in the field with me.
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:13 pm

MN_DeerHunter wrote:Whats the trick to get the highest resolution image?

I can't speak for northeast beast, but you can save ultra hi rez aerials from google earth by...

-down load google earth pro
-navigate to the photo altitude you want (for the best resolution, zoom to an altitude that covers what you want without lots of extra on the periphery
-select "save image" (second icon from the right on the tool bar at top)
-select "maximum" resolution (4800X4078)
-save image as jpeg

This will give you 5X's more resolution than straight google earth screen save would.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”