Advice on scouting for beds

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TNstalker

Re: Advice on scouting for beds

Unread postby TNstalker » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:29 pm

I would hunt bedding areas. And I would scout in season stand on back and if u have time to run cams or scout before season do it yeah it may hurt u but it will help u in the long run. There is a lot of cover in the south no doubt but I do find worn beds but they are in the right spots.

GoInLight

Re: Advice on scouting for beds

Unread postby GoInLight » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:28 pm

TNstalker wrote:I would hunt bedding areas. And I would scout in season stand on back and if u have time to run cams or scout before season do it yeah it may hurt u but it will help u in the long run. There is a lot of cover in the south no doubt but I do find worn beds but they are in the right spots.

That's great advice, thank you! I hunt completely mobile anyway, so after listening to everyone I'm going to use my maps to try and find similar bedding to the two known beds I've found. Then just make a hunt on each spot I find and see what happens. I think hunting super close to the bedding areas I know of and using the knowledge I have of where everyone else likes to hunt should help. It's been a slow going, but things on the map are starting to jump out to me. It'll be a fun season either way.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”