MW 6/8/17 - River/Creek Bedding

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

<DK>
500 Club

MW 6/8/17 - River/Creek Bedding

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:48 am

Sorry if this was shared recently but this is another excellent video from tthe guys at MW! It is really cool and fun to watch Aaron & Zach go hard at this, it seems that they have embraced the Beast and drank the kool aid. They both seem like awesome people and good hunters. This may sound dumb but I think its great Bill Winke features them applying these tactics and allows Dans name dropped in the show. This is an awesome video breaking down river/creek bedding, I wish that I found them this easy. The 4:45 mark shows them coming up the water in the canoe, you can see a deer watch them coming only to bounce out. Killer footage! :clap:

and...NIKON!

http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/videos/ ... land-6817/

jman22
500 Club

Re: MW 6/8/17 - River/Creek Bedding

Unread postby jman22 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:06 am

and...NIKON!

http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/videos/ ... land-6817/[/quote]

That guy has a classic tv ad voice haha! And yes another great segment by the MW crew.
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:26 am

Yea I watched this the other day. These guys are absolutely killing it. Arron's on one
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:15 am

Hope they keep it up. I love seeing guys working on the public.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:08 pm

That guy has a classic tv ad voice haha! And yes another great segment by the MW crew.[/quote]

Haha by far one of the best intros ever. My new phone has an HD audio recorder, I'm going to try and make a text tone. If it works ill research how to share something like that.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Been following this show now since it was put online. Really enjoy following who does what every year.

I enjoy the scouting stuff, enjoyed seeing the office...enjoy most of it...the only stuff I skip is all the food plot stuff :D Not against food plots...just seen too many of them.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:51 am

mainebowhunter wrote:Been following this show now since it was put online. Really enjoy following who does what every year.

I enjoy the scouting stuff, enjoyed seeing the office...enjoy most of it...the only stuff I skip is all the food plot stuff :D Not against food plots...just seen too many of them.

I can agree w you on that aspect. Probably bc ill never actually do one especially the way most guys on tv get it done. They did one where some guys weed whacked by hand for a small creek bottom spot. That one was impressive
SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Unread postby SidewayZ » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:08 pm

I watched that as well. Good stuff, I felt like I was watching a beast members video!

I hope they have a successful year using what they talked about.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!
GoInLight

Unread postby GoInLight » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:20 pm

My wife was out of town this weekend with our kids, so I took the opportunity to do some scouting. Let me tell you it's crazy hot in Alabama! It was miserable, but pretty productive. I found several beds, the most interesting one was at the tip of an oxbow on a creek. It had a small rub and some old poop in it, along with some old hair.... I don't think the bed had been used for a while. I think maybe once the leaves drop it might become a hot bed because of cover or maybe just because of doe that use the creek to travel..... Its was awesome to go into an area with a spot in mind that is possible bedding and it actually be bedding. My scouting is so much more fun because I know exactly what I'm looking for. I will say this though, it ain't easy. I walked over 11 miles in two days and I'm positive I have malaria, but it sure was fun.
blueKYstream

Unread postby blueKYstream » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:44 am

I really enjoy watching these guys scout more than anything. That drone footage overhead of the canoe/bedded buck was really cool!
SMS79

Unread postby SMS79 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:01 am

Yeah, pretty killer to get drone footage of a buck in a bed and then busting out of it as the canoe approaches. I mean, that's not something you get multiple takes on catching that video. It does give me an idea though. I have a buddy who has a drone. If he'd let me borrow it, wonder if I could use it as a substitute for some observation sits. Is that cheating? :think: :lol:
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:47 am

The MW whitetail guys are one of the few sights I follow. I love Aaron & Zach's public land stuff!

They are definitely embracing the "beast" style of hunting. They put down some serious bone last year!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Zach in the river bottom unit. 2:15 mark. Woof!
http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/videos/ ... and-71017/
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Alright this is getting out of hand. They got teams of guys searching for beds. Teams! :lol:

Seriously though this video is great. They are killing it over there! Thank you MW and excellent job going hard. :clap:

For all you guys wondering about diving in while it's green or you guys hunting hills having some issues this is a great watch

http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/videos/ ... ckbedding/
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Guess I need to make more friends and send them out to find beds! :D Either way, wish I could find a spot half as good as some of theirs.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”