Going to a workshop or a personal scout with Dan!

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Going to a workshop or a personal scout with Dan!

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:23 pm

A member asked me to share more about my personal scout with Dan that I was blessed to be able to partake in. How important I felt it was to be able to do it.

It was honestly the most eye opening experience I've had regarding deer hunting. As he often shows time and again here on the Beast and in his videos. His knowledge of whitetails, mature bucks in particular. Is mind boggling. Every question I had was answered not just with that's the way it is. But a reasonable explanation of why.

But alot of it was just seeing with my own eyes a classic mature buck bedding area. Multiple beds for every wind direction. All in fairly close proximity to each other. Now not every really good buck bedding area will look like this one did. But it showed what the right ingredients are. It's hard to explain everything about it. It's kind of something you just gotta see for yourself. All I know is from now on I'll be scouting with more confidence. Plus he helped pick out kill spots suitable for my needs. I pretty much need to hunt from the ground.

So if your still kinda not sure what to look for. Even after watching the DVD's and reading all of the info on the Beast on it. Try to go to a workshop. Or plan a personal scout with him. Now's not too early to be thinking about this. Especially if your from far out of the state of Wisconsin. Start talking with your buddies or other members from your area. To plan a trip together to Wisconsin or to get Dan to come to you. It'll be worth every penny.

I personally hope I can still make it to a marsh workshop next year and am already trying to plan for it. Saving up the pennies slowly.

If this kinda sounds like a commercial for Dan. It kinda is. Dan truly is a great very caring guy. He "really" does enjoy sharing all of this with us. He provides so much info for free. That spending $150 for a workshop is really still one heck of a deal. Yeah I got my time with Dan for free. I'm truly grateful for that. To both Dan and DaveT1963. Thanx so much again guys. But to show the kind of guy Dan is. I begged him to let me at least buy him the meal we shared together after. But no he insisted my money was no good. I wanted to pay for his gas but again no.

So get going and start planning for a workshop. He usually has one in the end of February. Then one in March. Just take note Dan is just as busy as you or busier. So don't be bothering him for exact dates just yet. When the time is right he'll post the info on them.

And believe me when I say. I honestly am doing this on my own accord. Dan has no idea I'm doing this.

Thanx

Chuck

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Lockdown

Re: Going to a workshop or a personal scout with Dan!

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Great post, Chuck. There's no doubt Dan puts in a ton of effort to help all of us with very little in return! I'm bummed that snow storm rolled through and kept me and Tyler from making it to the marsh workshop this spring. I'll be going next year for sure.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Good Post! Dan has personally helped me out with an area I had question about. He's a great guy! I definitely plan on making the workshop next year!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:19 pm

8-)
Nocturnal
500 Club

Unread postby Nocturnal » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:35 pm

Good post stash. Dan is a standout guy, hands down. A guy can get just about everything he needs when watching and reading what dan has done. But you are right. Following him around and watching him pick the property apart is something that's hard to explain. It's simply an eye opener. Also, to the guys who have never been to one of his workshops. Keep up! He moves like a deer on a mission. :lol:

Seriously though stash, You've gone through the ringer. I can only imagine what you go through on a daily. I'm happy to see you getting stronger and pushing through and I hope to see you in the kill thread this fall.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Stash I am so glad you had a good time... Of all the people who competed last year, I was following your journey the most because of your character and determination and I'm so glad that this particular prize went to you...... I can't think of anyone I'd rather have received it.

I've been at this bow hunting thing for almost four decades, actually a little over four decades now, and I've been blessed to have actually spent some time with some really great hunters. I have went to seminars, workshops and even some scouting events with some of the best names in the industry and I will say this... If I wanted to supercharge my big buck hunting and could choose anyone in this country... There is no doubt in my mind it would either be Dan or Andre.

There simple is no better way to shorten your learning curve then to hang around and see for yourself from some of the best. Dan gives and gives to everyone (something no one else in this industry does... At least not to the extent Dan does) and yet he remains very humble and AVAILABLE.

For those of you that really want to move your efforts up several notches, read everything you can here, talk to people, get in the woods, etc.... Do it all, but if you really want to step up your game then I can think of no better way than to go see Dan...... His price is CRAZY...... He could easily get several times what he charges. Do it and do it now before he gets smarter and raised his price up significantly.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”