Savage Beast Scout

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wmihunter

Re: Savage Beast Scout

Unread postby wmihunter » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:19 pm

you da man singingbridge!

Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 pm

I use a hand pruner and a folding saw. But now I think I need a Machete. I don't have any use for one, but I definitely need one.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Buckfever wrote:I use a hand pruner and a folding saw. But now I think I need a Machete. I don't have any use for one, but I definitely need one.

No worries, it'll be a great conversation piece at deer camp. ;)
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:...What many consider to be "nearly impenetrable" I call a clearing...

Your my kind of hunter SB!!! It's the best way to go on Michigan public land! One of my best spots I found you can't even see a deer more than 15 yards while standing on an old stump 6' off the ground. Let alone get a shot. You need to be within 12 yards for that.... with a gun. One time I had 4 bucks grunting and splashing around chasing does within 30 yards, but I never seen a one!

Singing Bridge wrote:...They are Muck hipboots, with the inner boot and a heavy cordura nylon shell. I definitely like them.

I thought about getting those, but it didn't sound like they went very high. How high do they go and can you roll them up and secure them when you don't need them?
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:I thought about getting those, but it didn't sound like they went very high. How high do they go and can you roll them up and secure them when you don't need them?

You can roll them down to the boot top for securing them.

They go as high as my other hip boots. The best I can describe them is as follows- they took a regular pair of Muck hunting boots... glued / sealed heavy duty cordura nylon around the ankle of the outside of the boot... and brought the material all the way up to hip boot height. In the pic you are looking at the orange interior of the Muck boot with the top rolled down. The cordura nylon is black inside and camo outside, and is also waterproof.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:59 am

So you have the style on the bottom right? I would like to roll them down like the top pic and secure them for walking in hill country.

You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:So you have the style on the bottom right? I would like to roll them down like the top pic and secure them for walking in hill country.

Correct, DEERSLAYER- those are the ones. They are slightly heavy, but rugged and warm in comparison to my others. I like them for busting ice in swamps and marshes.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”