Running trailcams all year..

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JMAR85

Running trailcams all year..

Unread postby JMAR85 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Who here is running trailcams right now and does it help you at all during the season? I'm considering putting some out in an area I'm interested in hunting this fall but curious if it helps at all come fall.

rfickes87
500 Club

Re: Running trailcams all year..

Unread postby rfickes87 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:44 pm

I've got 3 out on public each overlooking beds. i put them out back in January/early Feb. Mid march here im going to check them. Thought it'd be a great way to continue to study bedding (which is all I seem to care about anymore, ha) and check inventory on the bucks that survived. I'm going to probably move them all to newer beds that ill find then
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Right now mine are pulled. Before things get hot and completely grown up i will have 3 or 4 to go out. Those stay until season starts or close to it.

To your point, with antlers falling and patterns relatively unimportant right now it is not a need to record this time frame. For me.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:37 pm

I got nothing out right now. Friend of mine runs them year around. He says dead pool time is now.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:33 am

Be wary of battery leakage when leaving them for long periods. This tends to happen more in winter months and cams w more than x4 batteries, but it can in hot temps also. External battery pack is the way to go or a cheaper cam may be something to consider.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”