Anything standout

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

<DK>
500 Club

Re: Anything standout

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:08 am

:lol: the violin had me cracking up! This was little tough but I will take a shot, you guys have it rough up there. First thing I like the top section better and if it had little intrusion like you stated, then you should find what your looking for. Some of your pins look great for rut setups though. I wouldnt rule out creek bedding in this place either. S wind beds gave me trouble on this one...

The x2 large circles - are just ridges that look wicked and I would have to check it out, especially that south one.
The red circle - looks like a crown? It looks some where I would eat lunch while scouting :D I have never seen that before
Arrow - It was hard to tell if that was another good point coming off, if so i like that as well.

I have only recently dipped into farm bedding, still trying to get the mapping sense of it, iv only found x2 so far this season. Plain and simple though, if that ag is corn then I would have to scout all around for every possible buck bedding. Sorry this map seems a bit ridiculous but find the corn = find the deer, they have to be some where. Just based on basic hill country formula and farm that is where i would start. I like across the valley from my markings, close to your pin and box for maybe some S wind bed locations... Though if it is rotated properly, you are basically scouting 2 years ahead when it comes to crops. This fall i am going attempt to go find the corn planted this season, map suspected bedding, then im going to go scout pre season and jump them out bc of the 2 seasons ahead factor.

These are just general spots, i like the circled area a lot, i would have to step foot in there as well.

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:53 am

Darkknight54 did a good job. That southern pine ridge point would be one i would for sure walk having a transition on its northeast and east side.

Havent tried this app looks pretty good. Im only a 3 year beast but the black dots stood out to me some of those points might be a bed anywhere up and down the point.

Last edited by Tennhunter3 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:59 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:Havent tried this app looks pretty good is 30.00 a year though.

It is well worth it! BUT, once you buy it you will have to see if they have private property lines for areas you hunt. My county and few areas did not, they still makes us go into assessors office... also i had an issue downloading topo maps. The app contact people are extremely nice and quickly gave me a refund! My phone has issues w downloading maps for some reason.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:54 pm

I hope some of this helps ya! For sure keep us posted on your findings or send me a pm. Those slow decline hills looks tough to pin point beds, check ariels for winter months and look for the spots w cover. Access and pressure will eliminate alot of spots. Use a measuring tool on map site to measure distance away from access then look for mutual spots we suggested and you like, thick areas, multiple wind options close - you should find something good! I hope you get some more advice

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”