Bedding Under Water

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

TNstalker

Bedding Under Water

Unread postby TNstalker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:52 pm

So scouting a swamp buck brush willows and cypress. There are a few places out of the water but not much so I have 2 questions. One is what on the computer do u look at to give u an idea it's a dry point in the fall? Two I have found sign out in the water on some of the points with grass an brush but besides rubs what else will u look for when water is there?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Bedding Under Water

Unread postby dan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Look for types of trees that have dry dirt around the bases. In Wisconsin Willow trees would be a good example, down there? Im not sure, but once you find a tree type, or pattern it will repeat itself.
TNstalker

Re: Bedding Under Water

Unread postby TNstalker » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:13 am

Willow trees here not some much but I'm finding high spots. And they are important to me but I can't hunt this place when duck season opens in December so I'm more trying to look at some points that are ankle deep or less with a lot of dense grass an brush to see if I can tell if they are bedding there early fall when it's dry.i know this maybe a long shot but thought I'd ask. I studied google earths time line an see some areas that are dry all the time and gonna hit them tomorrow some should pan out bc no one hunts this spot for deer at least out in the water.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”