Weather Issues with Scouting

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kraftd
500 Club

Weather Issues with Scouting

Unread postby Kraftd » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:10 am

I've been getting some house projects done for the last month or so since the season ended and was planning on getting out scouting this weekend for the frist time.

Plus is the snow is gone so more akin to spring scouting, but....we have had a couple of pretty major rain events in my area in the last couple of weeks that I presume have washed away a bunch of the fall sign like evidence of bedding, scrapes, certainly tracks. Also an issue is I presume the marshes are all very high and some god sign from what was a pretty dry fall is probably underwater, and what isn't probably isn't too frozen anymore.

So, anyone have any advice from past issues like this in previous seasons? Seems we may have an uphill battle in spring scouting this year in the upper midwest. I'm trying to more cognizant of yearly and seasonal changes. Last year I went in with what I thought was very good intel, but the conditions were just so different in many of my areas from 2015, that the scouting didn't pan out.

strutnrut716
500 Club

Re: Weather Issues with Scouting

Unread postby strutnrut716 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:18 am

Flooding was a problem for me last year also. Roads were actually closed for awhile near marshes where wanted to get into. I would love to hear from more experienced beast members as to how they handle flooding. im about to purchase a kayak and am thinking maybe kayaking in during flooding. Just a thought....

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”