Scouting stand sites

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Twigzz88

Scouting stand sites

Unread postby Twigzz88 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:21 am

Hello everybody im new to the forums here but im hoping you guys can provide some help. Im looking into scouting and hunting a new area of public ground.its a pretty vast marshy area thst im hoping othet hunters are for the most part staying out of . Ive included some pics of the area with possiblr locations marked for stand sites. Do i havr this marsh hunting thing figured out? Ot did i miss a bunch of places that i should scout? Also i notice when zooming in what appear to be trails scattered about,is it safe to assume they are large animal trails through the swamps?

Outdoor814
500 Club

Re: Scouting stand sites

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:58 am

Your best bet is to get out there and scout the transition lines yourself. See what sort of sign is in the area. Where the primary food source is and staging areas.

I would also be on the lookout for other Hunter sign as well.

The spots you marked on your map are spots that you should check out, but there are many more like it.
Joe™
Matt6506

Unread postby Matt6506 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:45 am

Outdoor814 wrote:Your best bet is to get out there and scout the transition lines yourself. See what sort of sign is in the area. Where the primary food source is and staging areas.

The spots you marked on your map are spots that you should check out, but there are many more like it.

Ditto, I would walk the transition lines, make sure you take your time to read the terrain and sign. I know I've been guilty in the past of rushing thru areas and missing things. I think your on the right track.
“Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
- Fred Bear
Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:59 am

Outdoor814 wrote:Your best bet is to get out there and scout the transition lines yourself. See what sort of sign is in the area. Where the primary food source is and staging areas.

X2!!!!!

It looks like you have a good start to some locations. But there are many transitions on that piece of ground. No doubt, I would be getting out there and scouting them on foot.

Good luck out there. Looks like a nice piece of ground.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”