2017 Southeast Scouting Workshop

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rich M
500 Club

Re: 2017 Southeast Scouting Workshop

Unread postby Rich M » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Jeff - Insensitive remark.

What would be a reasonable drive to you?

Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Rich M wrote:Jeff - Insensitive remark.

I would make the drive. I've seen guys drive from All over the country to end up in wi to learn from dan.

My comment was not meant to be insensitive. It all depends how bad you want it.

I can't stress enough. It's a game changer and I have not met one person who was not happy with the impact it had in there game.

There is no guarantee of out of state workshops. What is a guarantee is tht we do one or two local wi ones in the spring.
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Divergent wrote:I'm sure we could have our own mini beast session with as many members as we have now.

jwilkstn wrote:I agree, Divergent. We may not be the big buck serial killer, but some guys in these parts have figured out a few things

I agree. I tried to get one up last year and had lots of interest but it fell through too. We had quite a bit of interest too. :roll: I say we get together and pick a neutral area to scout and just bounce ideas off of each other. I'm sure we all have something we could add to benefit each other.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Jeff G wrote:

I would make the drive. I've seen guys drive from All over the country to end up in wi to learn from dan.

I can't stress enough. It's a game changer and I have not met one person who was not happy with the impact it had in there game.

There is no guarantee of out of state workshops. What is a guarantee is that we do one or two local wi ones in the spring.

Jeff,

You're right - your comment was fine. My apology.

This is my second year on here and this is the second go-around watching diff guys trying to set things up and the interest levels. I have figured it out and understand what to expect. Never know on the first go-around.

Speaking for myself - I'm in Orlando, FL >20+ hrs south of you, 1-way...

The website is great. Will be waiting for the next video.
Muy Grande
Location: Alabama; chase whitetails in Tennessee and Kentucky

Unread postby Muy Grande » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Yep...
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:16 pm

Rich M wrote:
Jeff G wrote:

There is no guarantee of out of state workshops. What is a guarantee is that we do one or two local wi ones in the spring.

Jeff,

You're right - your comment was fine. My apology.

This is my second year on here and this is the second go-around watching diff guys trying to set things up and the interest levels. I have figured it out and understand what to expect. Never know on the first go-around.

Speaking for myself - I'm in Orlando, FL >20+ hrs south of you, 1-way...

The website is great. Will be waiting for the next video.

I have been to a lot of the workshops. It is a eye opener. Second best thing is the DVD's. Hopefully you can make one down south or up here in the future. Don't get me wrong, I do recognize it is a long ways. Best of luck and hope you guys can organize one closer to FL. Start planning now, it will be here before you know it :D Good luck with the upcoming season.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:23 pm

You as well!

So much information & lots of helpful folks around here. Thanks.
GoInLight

Unread postby GoInLight » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 am

Jeff G wrote:Drive up to s.e. Mn for the one we're doing next Saturday. Carpool up.

Are you guys still doing the s.e Mn workshop? Is it too late to get in? Thank you
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:36 am

GoInLight wrote:
Jeff G wrote:Drive up to s.e. Mn for the one we're doing next Saturday. Carpool up.

Are you guys still doing the s.e Mn workshop? Is it too late to get in? Thank you

Unfortunately we had to cancel due to the recent snow we got and have on the ground. We felt it would cover up to much sign. We will try to do the hill workshop next spring.
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 am

With all due respect to Dan, asking someone to come down here and walk a few hours and then turn around and convey a learning experience to people that have hunted the area for years sounds like a mighty tall task. I have zero doubts that Dan would pick up on some things that most of us down here don't however.

There's also a very narrow window to get this done each spring with most of us hunting through January, and even some through mid February. Then turkey seasons and green up bearing down by mid March.
GoInLight

Unread postby GoInLight » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:48 am

Jeff G wrote:
GoInLight wrote:

Unfortunately we had to cancel due to the recent snow we got and have on the ground. We felt it would cover up to much sign. We will try to do the hill workshop next spring.

Thanks, I'll catch it next time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”