What exactly is a "staging area"

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rfickes87
500 Club

What exactly is a "staging area"

Unread postby rfickes87 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:31 am

I hear this term all the time. I feel like i have an idea but can someone explain this in detail? When/Where/Why? And how does it relate to bedding?

"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: What exactly is a "staging area"

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:51 am

This would be a pretty good example of how I used this staging area to kill the buck. The staging area is kind of a safe haven the buck can be on its feet during daylight hrs. In this case it wasn't so safe for him. The key element in using a staging area is to get close to the buck before he knows it.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:14 am

Good example Stan... If you were a buck in a bed, you can see a certain distance, you can smell certain areas around you, and you can hear approach to a certain distance... If you drew a circle around a bucks bedding area of the area he feels safe cause he can hear, see, or smell approaching danger, I would all this the bucks "safe zone". The staging area to me, is the edge of the safe zone where he starts to enter an area where he could not hear, see, or smell.
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:58 am

dan wrote:Good example Stan... If you were a buck in a bed, you can see a certain distance, you can smell certain areas around you, and you can hear approach to a certain distance... If you drew a circle around a bucks bedding area of the area he feels safe cause he can hear, see, or smell approaching danger, I would all this the bucks "safe zone". The staging area to me, is the edge of the safe zone where he starts to enter an area where he could not hear, see, or smell.

Thanks guys!
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”