Shining pressure

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

whitetail_addict

Shining pressure

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:03 am

Anyone who's shined a lot in any one summer or season ever see any signs of the shining alone spooking big bucks or changing their patterns?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

fauxfly

Re: Shining pressure

Unread postby fauxfly » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:23 am

Yup...Ive been shining around my public for a couple months now - (being careful of the pressure I'm putting on) I think the "local" guys have started in the last few weekends also - putting a lot of pressure on the herd. I used to see a dozen or so mature bucks in fields and now as soon as I pull onto the access road they are exploding out of there. Why - because they know what is going to happen next - I'm gonna hit 'em with a million candle power spot! I think they figure out the program pretty quick after they get shined a couple times.

I was out Saturday night around the same fields and didn't see any nice bucks - only does with fawns all night - I think the bucks are pretty skiddish this time of year, so yeah - I think you can train these animals to anticipate the outcome of a truck turning down a gravel road. They are pretty smart animals...
woodswalker
500 Club
Facebook: don't do face book

Unread postby woodswalker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:29 am

There is no doubt scalding a deer's eyes out with a million or more candle power spotlight will cause them to change their habits of frequenting the fields it is happening in. Spotting should only be allowed between 12 noon and one pm. :D
Life is short, eat dessert first!
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:47 am

I definitely think it effects the deer, if being shined on a regular basis.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”